Symptoms..does anyone else experience this?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

stacyuf1

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I just joined this group. A few years ago I was having fainting spells and went to a neurologist and he said most likely partial seizures. I couldn't drive for 6 months and was put on zonogran. I took it for a while and then became noncompliant out of laziness I suppose, and the headaches I felt I was having from it. For the past week, I've been having at least 1 of these spells but they seem a little different. Last week as I was just going to bed and my arm went up and stiffened. My legs and arms were tingly and numb. I had my eyes closed and all i could see were strobes of light. I couldn't speak to my husband but i was trying so hard. i couldn't make it stop and when it finally did, my extremeties (legs, hands lower arm muscles were very tight. In the morning they were sore. The other "seizures" (I put this in quotes because I'm just not sure) have happened when sitting. The other times it's happened this week I am usually sitting down. A typical episode is like this one: My husband and I were just watching TV. Everything seemed normal and then I got the feeling. I warned my husband "it" was happening. My arms and legs heated up my hands clenched together and my toes felt as though they were curling in. My head kind of gets warm when this happens and I can't really hear. Everything just blurs into each other/ I either get close to passing out or I do black out for a minute or so. my eyes teared up and my mouth was open. I was crying uncontrollably and my heart was racing. he laid me on the couch and I could kind of hear him trying to calm me but i couldnt stop the numbness, and I couldn't talk to him. I just had to wait til "it" passed. It lasted about 60-100 seconds he said. It's been happening daily. Anyone know what's going on?? Thank you all so much for support and this group.
ps-i called a new neurologist to set up an appointment.

Hi Stacy,

They sound like seizures to me. I read descriptions of seizures like yours all the time in here and other forums.

Hopefully your new neurologist will be able to make a positive determination with some testing.

Back
Top Bottom