The National Epilepsy Walk!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ashmstng

New
Reaction score
I wanted to tell you all that from here on. I am going to try to go to at least one Walk a thon every year. As of this year I am going to one in Gainesville Florida. I do want to say I called the Epilepsy foundation about information just to know where to start since it was my first. As I was on the phone I got questioned about: Do you have Epilepsy? How long have you had it? Do you still have it? As many of you know by now I havent had a seizure since my surgery (May 22nd of this year). I told them the story I told you all. And when I told him he asked me if I would be on TV or be part of the magazine. All I can think about is what Elaine did and if it would help anyone else. I said yes so I can help others and I could never say no. Eventhough I dont like the camera. LOL.. I get so nervous and loose my train of thought. But we will see what happens I guess. I do want to say so far since I have told my family and friends meaning my mom and people at work I am already able to get sponsers and hopefully raise money for the Epilepsy foundation. I have my moms work and of course my work. And whatever the workers put in at my work the company will put in. I will keep you all posted on that. Take care. I hope you all the best. This is all for you. :e:

I'll be walking with you in my heart ...... That's such a wonderful thing to do!!!

Ashley,

We'll all be so very proud to have you representing each of us during the walk. You're a terrific person!! :)
Sincerely,
Josie

That is great!

What a wonderful gift it is to share your success story.

I hope to get things lined up to walk in DC next year. It might be a long shot, but I sure would like to go.

:rock:

My family was lucky enough to be able to participate in the first walk. Last year we could not go due to some conflicts. I already have the date for next years and have informed my family that we will be going. Hope to meet some of you there. It is so hard to describe the feeling of being part of this walk.

Thank you so much Nancy, JosieB, Meetz1064, Buckeye, & Tinasmom. I am wanting to do this as if it is a holiday every year. Helping others and understanding what it is like with that condition is what I like to do. It puts a smile on my face. I will be thinking of you all during the walk. I will keep you posted on what happens from here on. As of now, I have 3 sponsers. I am just waiting for the Epilepsy foundation to send me all of the paper work about sponsering and what I need to know or do. As of next year, if I start driving I will try to make it to all 3 walks in Florida. Epilepsy Foundation has helped me with my doctors apointments, medicine and things I couldnt afford when I didnt have insurance. The best I can do is show a helping hand to others that need it. Take care. :e:

If I can find my way to Washington DC, I'll go there. My sense of direction is awful. The highway has a high occupancy vehicle and at least 5 lanes. I know somebody who lives there and may look for my GPS to get there.

Just wanted to say this weekend coming. On Friday I am leaving to Gainesville for the Epilepsy Walk. It is on Saturday when it happens. But Friday I have to stay at a hotel cause I dont live close to that area that it is 2 in a half hours away from where I live. I have been waiting for this day to come. I am looking forward to it. I will keep you posted on how everything went when I get back but this is just a reminder of that this event is coming soon. I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing this for all of us. Stay strong and Take care.

Walk 10 steps for each of us here. Thank you for your efforts!

Take care.

Ashley:
I hope you have a great time at the Epilepsy Walk and wanted to again tell you how proud I am to have a personal friend participating in the event. You go - girl!! You should be proud of yourself, as well. You've come a long way in a such a short time, and this is only the beginning. If I don't talk to you before you leave, have a safe trip and know I'll be thinking about you on Saturday. Sincerely, Josie
:wave:

Thank you so much Buckeye, Josie, & Julie!
I am looking forward to this and will be thinking of all of you. I can say I am nervous cause this is my first time and not sure what it is like but I cant wait either. I will keep all of you updated. Also in my thoughts as I am there. Take care and God Bless. :e:

Hello Everyone~
I am back and had so much fun. I can say I will be doing this every year. I raised $245 for the Epilepsy Foundation. As I was up there I got a shirt I love and dont want to take off. LOL.. Also stopped by the Hospital I had my surgery at to visit the nurses that took care of me. I seen my Neurologist at the walk. I did some sight seeing as I was there. I went to the Stadium where Florida Gators play. My team, yay! Then went to Micanopy another city I pass on the way to Gainesville. It has alot of Antique stores. But I did have fun. We did pictures. When they get everything together I will share it all with you. Thanks and take care.

YEAH!!! Thanks for representing all of us!!!

:clap::clap::e::clap::clap:

Thanks - you are to be commended!!

:clap::clap::e::clap::clap:

be blessed
:e:
GL-ziggidypoo

Yeah, Ashmstng! :clap: :woot:

The Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado has their walk every year in April, and I have participated the past two years in Denver, along with other fund raisers for the Epilepsy Foundation in CO. I would like go to the National Walk in Washington D.C in 2009. Hope to see some of you there!

Cindy

Way to go Ash!

:tup:

Just keep on Rockin'!

:rock:

Last edited:
natural medication for epilepsy!

Is there an all natural medication for epilepsy because I'm on phenytoin,
and I'm having all kinds of problems with it. And I don't know who to ask or turn to for help. I just what to get off all these's medications and get on something that's all natural. Right now I'm taking 250 mg in the morning and 250 mg at night before bedtime and also I need help with finding a doctor because it seems like at first some of them are very nice but after a little time go's by they want to try and get me on all kinds of medications and I don't like that I just want to take something that's all natural. Also I forget to tell you something else I've been on the phenytoin since I was ten years old and just now I'm having a problem with it. Robert Topal

Great Job, Ashley! Thanks again for all of your support. Talk to ya soon.
Josie
:dancing2:

Back
Top Bottom