The Neurologist report

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I just got back from the Neurologists office and he said that most of my bloodwork was completely normal but there is an extra protein in the blood BUT he said it was so slight, it's barely there and most likely it'll clear up on it's own. He's going to send me to a Hemotologist to make sure. He's a very good Neurologist, very thorough and doesn't like to leave anything out.

He said it's so slight, he didn't think it was too big of deal but wants to be sure. As for the Neuropathy, he asked me if the meds were working and I said yes and I still get vibrations once in awhile but not as much. He said that sometimes a nerve can become blocked and that can cause nerve damage, causing the Neuropathy, sometimes it's injury. He said there were treatments and medications for it but that it can lower the immune system and were extensive but he doesn't want to go there yet until he gets further knowledge about what's going on.

I told him about the kidney failures and how my potassium the second time was 9.4 and he said that was very high and asked if i'd had dialysis and I said only once, the second time and told him the second time I discovered it when one day I woke up and couldn't feel my legs until later at the hospital when they gave me fluids. He asked why I had kidney failure and I said it was due to dehydration.

In my readings, I read that kidney failure can cause nerve damage and also it can be a reason for the proteins in the blood being elevated and they were elevated in the hospital. i love my doctor, he's very good. Anyway, he is going to continue to pursue this to see the best course of action. he said that sometimes with nerve blockage, if the nerve is cleared, the Neuropathy can go away on it's own but not necessarily.

I told him that I had several Neurological diseases in my family including Parkinsons and Alzheimers and one relative had Lou Gerrigs disease but he said those weren't usually inherited. He did comment that it was a lot but didn't seem concerned that I would get those. I go back to see him on April 30th to discuss the findings from the Hemotologist and discuss further treatments for the Neuropathy.

Oh and one more thing. I showed him the Poem I wrote called Nortriptyline Dreams and he liked it. He said "that's nice, I like it" lol I told him the meds were giving me weird dreams and he said dreams can be strange and asked if any of them were scary and I said no. That's the report.

He seems very thorough and attentive, which is great. A lot of neurologists aren't interested in the whole picture of any other health problems you may have had, and/or are too rushed to answer questions.

Yes Nakamova, he's very good and doesn't mind answering questions and he looks at every single possibility. My step mom has Neuropathy and all the Neurologist did with her was test her reflexes, ran a pin along her leg and said she had Neuropathy and that was it. Glad I have a good Neurologist. Did you read my poem Nortriptyiline Dreams Nakamova? lol Its in writers cafe.

My Neurologist is great, couldn't ask for better.

Back
Top Bottom