[Recommended] The New Sugar Busters and Stop Pre-Diabetes Now

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi. I posted a little bit about these two books in the Kitchen section. They aren't about Epilepsy but they are about Diabetes/Blood Sugar so they do help people with Epilepsy a lot. As we know all too well keeping our blood sugar stable can prevent seizures that can be a result of hypoglycemia. The books are just good in general about staying healthy. And ironically they are great for finding out how to lose weight in a healthy way:)

I got these books because I was having seizures as a result of going to Starbuck's for breakfast every day and getting Frappucino's and Blueberry Oat Bars (both LOADED with sugar) and not eating a healthy breakfast. As a result, my blood sugar was crashing and I was having seizures that never had to happen. I hope this info is useful.

The two books are:

1) The New Sugar Busters

Amazon product

2) Stop Pre-Diabetes Now

Amazon product

The New Sugar Busters is written for anyone looking to improve their health through their diet. Stop Pre-Diabetes Now is written for people who already have Pre-Diabetes or Diabetes. Many of the basic facts/concepts overlap in the two books. If I had to pick one of them, I would choose The New Sugar Busters book because it is written with the idea that everyone can gain from improving their diet. I don't regret reading both books though. They are both good. There are also lots of recipes in both books.

Both books make it clear there are lots of kinds of good-tasting food we can still eat.

The main ones they say we can't eat which both books mention are:

High Fructose Corn Syrup
Sucrose
White Rice
White Potatoes
White Pasta

They give many alternatives to eat in their place.

Last edited by a moderator:
This site contains affiliate links for which Coping With Epilepsy Forums may be compensated.
The Sugar Busters book (not sure if was the same edition at the time) was also recommended to Stacy by her doctor (roughly 10-15 years ago). I'm pretty sure we have it on a shelf somewhere around here. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom