the ultimate way to promote this forum.....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
okay folks we all love to promote and rave about cwe so let's take it up a notch... ;)
just started my own epilepsy support group and designed posters, for both the group and cwe. been fine-tuning for a week and now ready... poster (8.5x11) is attached for you to view, and pls let me know if it's something you'd like to do, will send a full-sized copy. members are allowed to print as many as they want (thanks muaythai!!) and put them wherever you're allowed. works for any city/country (in one day i had permission from 12 places where i live, incl. doctor's offices, the college, health centre etc.). the response was overwhelming and most of them didn't even know i had e, just thought i was the designer putting them out. so... feel free! bernard's all good with it!!

103sttz.jpg

Attachments

• stigma-coping-with-epilepsy.com.pdf
    215.6 KB · Views: 24
qtowngirl

Sorry about this but I am a bit on the thick side so bear with me please.

1) Do I need to live in Canada or America to avail of this and tell me about your support group.

The poster is the best I have ever seen and is just what is needed.

Come on people this is exactly what is needed out there, after 50 years of living with epilepsy its ups and downs, the amount of medical places (Hospitals, doctors office, pharmacy all the rest) you have been there as well. In how many places can you say you have seen a poster that tells you about epilepsy by looking at it. If qtowngirl lets me I will be getting 2 of these straight away, 1 for my doctors office and 1 for now for my neurologist, there are a lot of other places I can think of. Do you know what is worse than having epilepsy, people not knowing about it and I am sorry it takes qtowngirl to show me up for something that should have been done a long time ago. qtowngirl has the guts to put herself out there, something I should have done for myself instead I have to wait for a brave Lady to it for me, how pathetic. Tell me you have seen a better poster.

Last edited:
Wow, that is a great job you have done there! So do you actually snail-mail a copy to us or is there something like a jpeg to download and print? Very impressive!

2014 New Beginnings.........

It is with GREAT PRIDE that I send CONGRATULATIONS to YOU.......qtowngirl.......
Some people in life are leaders, some are followers, society needs both. However, where epilepsy is concerned society needs more leaders!!!
I wish you the best of luck with your new endeavour, if help is needed you know how to reach me.
One Proud Auntie.......:hugs:​

Come on people this is exactly what is needed out there, after 50 years of living with epilepsy its ups and downs, the amount of medical places (Hospitals, doctors office, pharmacy all the rest) you have been there as well. In how many places can you say you have seen a poster that tells you about epilepsy by looking at it. If qtowngirl lets me I will be getting 2 of these straight away, 1 for my doctors office and 1 for now for my neurologist, there are a lot of other places I can think of. Do you know what is worse than having epilepsy, people not knowing about it and I am sorry it takes qtowngirl to show me up for something that should have been done a long time ago. qtowngirl has the guts to put herself out there, something I should have done for myself instead I have to wait for a brave Lady to it for me, how pathetic. Tell me you have seen a better poster.

Good job, qtown!

I used to do volunteer work with the epilepsy foundation here in the U.S. and we do have posters, maybe not ones like you designed, but nevertheless, we do have many.

http://image2.source4.com/welcomehybrid.asp

I have been trying to educate the public about E for years, so the more posters out there and the more countries they are multiplying in, the better!

Avocate: One that argues for a cause; a supporter or defender

Nice job Q ;)

It's a very professional looking poster. Congrats to qtg, mtf and all who had a hand in developing it.

I will help adjust the forum settings to allow qtg to post the .PDF source file for the poster as an attachment for members to download.

After 50 years of having epilepsy there are places that act stupid weather it's a certain doc hospitals I've been to were I'm treated like an ignorameous because of my epilepsy.
doctors who don't understand but aren't to swift or just ignorant or down right arrogant.
And others who think there great because of the medical school they went HARVARD big deal it doesn't impress me.

This is worth taking a read, I have seen a lot of posters over the years as has most of us. But I have to say this is a good one.

It's a very professional looking poster. Congrats to qtg, mtf and all who had a hand in developing it.
I will help adjust the forum settings to allow qtg to post the .PDF source file for the poster as an attachment for members to download.

awwww thanks B!! you're the best ;)

i'm at work out of town today - FIRST DAY cleared to go back to work in my 2nd (massive public) job!!! hehe prob shouldn't be online but just had to check in with my peeps. not here tomorrow so will log in first thing at home.
love ya! nat.

ps B- who is mtf? haha those letters could be read a few ways :roflmao:

I added the .PDF source for the poster to qtg's first post. Anyone can download that image and print their own posters (or take it to a copy shop to have some made on nice paper stock) if you want to spread the word.

BIG WELL DONE QTOWN!!! This is great and helps the cause and as your poster says the stigma that surrounds epilepsy,this can only be good for us all :) .

This can only help others who are going through this hell find CWE it helped me and all the others who have joined due to Bernard,s dedication,thank you Bernard :clap:

Last edited:
hello my fellow canadian :)
just read your profile (welcome welcome!) and teared up - that is an amazing attitude amidst all you've been through. hugs.
feel free to put up posters if you want ;) i know you're new but you'll be elated after a short period of time how amazing this place is, great support and friends, who could ask for more?

this good poster and international I would put this in GP office chemist...UK

WOW and WOW again. Fabulous design and message Qtowngirl. I am going to thank you for all the folks who look at the poster and are moved plus find 'us' at the same time.

Cint... I remember years ago, maybe 1976, and a poster from the Epilepsy Foundation and putting it in the CT scan waiting room where I worked. It generated many good responses and brought hope to many.

Good work qtowngirl!!

This poster is for the support group that you have started. Am I correct? That means you will change the address for your support group.

It is great. I am happy for you. What is your address?

Back
Top Bottom