Theres no place like home .. with Neuropace

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DayDreamer

Stalwart
Reaction score
I am at home from hospital feeling almost normal after a surgery of around 5 hours and a stay of two nights/ three days. I now have a responsive neurostimulating device implanted within my skull with two cortical strip leads and two depth leads implanted close to my epileptic foci.
Until I see the neurosurgeon and neurologist in a week and a half from now, my cortical strip leads are busy recording the electrical activity from the two foci they were implanted close to. I have been downloading my eeg activity daily onto a computer for my doctors visit. The device will be fine tuned to recognize my seizures and the plan is to set up the stimulation of the depth leads within three to four weeks which will hopefully decrease seizures.
I am feeling pretty good and will be feeling even better when all the opiates are out of my system.
My man shaved his head to see whose would grow back the fastest. This surgery required no staples, only stitches, so I think we are both at the starting line.

PS
Is it possible to delete messages as the edit/delete message cursor implies?

Back
Top Bottom