This is my brain MRI, shows Blood on left side

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
This image alone shows the images of what my brain looked like on the MRI when they discovered the blood. Entire right side was filled so much, it pressed on my brain. Probably started bleeding at the time of seizure and wasn't discovered till 2 months later.

BRAINIMAGE1234.jpg

YAY, got it right this time, was doing wrong link. lol

Last edited:
I just read your home page info. Wow. You have been through a lot. You do have a guardian angel. Are you able to work or how has your life changed since all of this?

This image alone shows the images of what my brain looked like on the MRI when they discovered the blood. Entire right side was filled so much, it pressed on my brain. Probably started bleeding at the time of seizure and wasn't discovered till 2 months later.

http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/...n MRI/?action=view&current=BRAINIMAGE1234.jpg

Sorry, for some reason pic won't show using the insert image thing but at least I can give a link

Wow, that's scarey.

Angeldentedhalo - If you click onto the IMG code it will copy the long code then to copy the picture onto a post you just right click paste or go CTRL V & the pic should come up :).

Last edited:
I tried clicking image code and copying the image link and when I posted it, I just got a red x & picture didn't show.

I do work but things haven't been the same, I get tired faster since my first surgery. I've been sicker with the whole kidney, ulcerative colitis thing than anything else. Never been hospitalized for anything related to the heart, just the UC, kidneys, dehydration and brain.

After the people doing the MRI got the results, they immediately called my Neurologist, he told them to get me to the hospital and get it taken care of. I was taken to the ER and an hour later, transported to a hospital an hour away and after being admitted, I underwent brain surgery two hours later.

Funny thing is, the surgery took only 30 minutes and I was only in the hospital 2 days and back to work a week later. They did a cat scan the day after surgery and brain had returned to normal and I was discharged the next day.

A gal at work had brain surgery like mine & she too had brain bleed but hers was at the base of her brain and she suffered complications & was put in a two day coma and was in hospital nearly 2 weeks and still suffers after effects and has to go to physical therapy twice a week and she didn't have feeling in her arm or leg for first 4 months. I got off easy.

I tried clicking image code and copying the image link and when I posted it, I just got a red x & picture didn't show.

That's strange.

What if you try again & press preview before you post the pic & if it doesnt work you can just press cancel.

I do work but things haven't been the same, I get tired faster since my first surgery. I've been sicker with the whole kidney, ulcerative colitis thing than anything else. Never been hospitalized for anything related to the heart, just the UC, kidneys, dehydration and brain.

After the people doing the MRI got the results, they immediately called my Neurologist, he told them to get me to the hospital and get it taken care of. I was taken to the ER and an hour later, transported to a hospital an hour away and after being admitted, I underwent brain surgery two hours later.

Funny thing is, the surgery took only 30 minutes and I was only in the hospital 2 days and back to work a week later. They did a cat scan the day after surgery and brain had returned to normal and I was discharged the next day.

A gal at work had brain surgery like mine & she too had brain bleed but hers was at the base of her brain and she suffered complications & was put in a two day coma and was in hospital nearly 2 weeks and still suffers after effects and has to go to physical therapy twice a week and she didn't have feeling in her arm or leg for first 4 months. I got off easy.
Do you mind me asking did you have a brain anorism which is why you had the surgery? You were lucky that you only had a sort stay in hospital & was able to make a quick return back to work :).

This is my brain MRI, shows blood on left side

Do you mind me asking did you have a brain anorism which is why you had the surgery? You were lucky that you only had a sort stay in hospital & was able to make a quick return back to work :).

They said it was from a brain injury, at first I thought it was from falling when I had the seizure but I learned that someone helped me to the floor before I fell down so I didn't hit my head.

It wasn't an Aneurysm, just an injury, though I don't know how. It could have been a simple whack on the head like if you bump it leaning down to get something and whack it against something above you. I've done that before. lol

I probably fell or something bumping my head without realizing it and it started the bleed. However, not necessarily caused the seizure. I'd been hospitalized just 2 days before my seizure for very high potassium level 9.4, which they weren't sure I was going to come out of and complete kidney failure, both of which can cause seizures & perhaps the seizure burst a blood vessel, I'll probably never know for sure.

Neurosurgeon says the potassium level probably caused the seizure combined with the kidney failure but reason for the bleed is unknown.

I just read that a high potassium can cause an irregular and fast heartbeat, possibly resulting in a brain bleed, so that's probably what happened and with all the past trauma's I had to my head, my brain appears as injured and with the high potassium and past head trauma's it was too much and the high potassium resulted in the bleed.

Cause if I'd injured it recently, the bleed would have shown before the hospitalization and I'd been perfectly fine before. I had kidney failure due to dehydration and believe it or not, I was dehydrated from gas, from something I ate and it didn't agree with me, causing gas and diarrhea and ended up in dehydration and kidney failure.

Without a colon, I get dehydrated twice as fast cause I don't have a colon to reabsorb the water so the least little incident that causes diarrhea, can potentially lead to dehydration and kidney failure.

Well, I asked a doctor if a head trauma in my early years can cause seizures later in life and he said "I really don't know the answer to that" Told him what had happened and he said the Neurologist would know and to ask him and make SURE to mention those traumas to him. He did seem to think that the trauma I suffered as a baby was of some concern.

He said definitely that the high potassium and kidney failure could have caused it & I'm certainly thinking so but even if i did, doesn't explain the bleed. ACK, my appointment isn't till December.

BTW, thanks Julie, you've been through a lot too, mine just seemed to be all at once. Hopefully things are getting better

Amazing story. :) so glad you pulled through with flying colors. Your poor co worker though. So remind me not to work where you Guy's work he he ;)

Thank you. My problem didn't start with work though. lol May never know the cause but now that I remember all these head traumas, may explain a lot. Work has been very supportive of my illnesses, a lot lose their jobs with stuff like this, they give me leave of absences, give me time off I need to recover by covering my shifts. Last two times in hospital, I didn't have enough hours for a leave of absence but they said no problem and covered my shifts and said take the time I need to get better.

Back
Top Bottom