Time change

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Fedup

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Lately I have had to change the time I take one pill, over the last 2/3 nights I am having nightmares, but tonight was bad. I was just wondering did anybody else experience this or do you think it might be related to changing the time I take this drug at. Thanks.

Hi, Fedup;
This probably isn't any help to you, but I can at times have vivid dreams the night before, the night of, or the night after a nocturnal seizure. It's to the point that I can have difficulty distinguishing reality from fantasy. Two examples:
1. I asked my Mum how my brother's cold was. She asked what cold. I could have sworn she had told me on the phone the previous night that he was coming down with a cold so stay away from him (illness = ++seizures for me). I guess I dreamed it.
2. Last night I'd had a seizure. Sometime before or after I guess I dreamed I had two $20 bills on the counter but when I got up this AM I thought it was real and could not find the two bills.
Yeah, pretty weird! Not related to medication changes at all in my case. Not sure if this helps you or not.

Look into the side effects of the pill. If this is the first time it has happened, I would assume it is unrelated, but I could be wrong. I'm not always good at taking my pills on time and never really have any issues. I recently got a new job and the schedule has taken some getting used to. Had no problems.

I take so many contra indicated things nytol zolpidine catch 22 if don't sleep e is worse I do get vivid dreams that feel real....pleeeeeeeeeeze don't be foolish like me

Do you take the pill later in the evening than before, or earlier? The nightmares might be related to some disruption the medication is causing to your normal sleep cycle. Hopefully you're brain will adjust, and they'll go away soon.

I had some pretty nasty nightmares when I first went on lamictal but that side effect eventually went away after about a month or two.

Nakamova

I had some pretty scary nightmares when I first went on the zebinix, they lasted about 3 weeks and then slowly went. I was taking it at 8 in the morning now its 12 midday I take it. This is to try and combat the tiredness but I am not sure it makes a difference. The nightmares started the second day of the change in time.

Back
Top Bottom