Took my son in

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
long time no see everyone hope your well.

I took my son into has his first EEG today and did that because he has absent seizures and whole body shakes that the docs cant figure out so hopefully the EEG gives us some answers to get him started on getting some help.

Thought I'd keep everyone up to date.

Mike

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Hi Mike, how are you doing? How is your own treatment proceeding? Im sorry to hear that your son may have epilepsy too, but at least you know the drill at this point. :(

Thanks Nakamova,
I'm ok I had a sleep study done and they found I have moderate to sever sleep apnea and they sleep doc stated that if the migraines and night time urination doesn't stop in a few weeks of using the cpap machine she said she lean towards me having deep brain seizures that will not show up on an EEG. So in about just under a moner I'll find out more of what the doctors are thinking.
Mike

Sounds like progress Mike! I hope you get some answers for your son soon.

Thanks Nakamova,
I'm ok I had a sleep study done and they found I have moderate to sever sleep apnea and they sleep doc stated that if the migraines and night time urination doesn't stop in a few weeks of using the cpap machine she said she lean towards me having deep brain seizures that will not show up on an EEG. So in about just under a moner I'll find out more of what the doctors are thinking.
Mike
Hey Mike,

I have severe sleep apnea. The sleep study I did last year showed I stopped breathing on average 33 times per hour. Thats every couple of minutes. I sleep with a C-PAP even thought I hate it I sleep much better and I wake much more refreshed.

I'm sending good thoughts to your son and hoping the EEG comes back with good information to help him.

Back
Top Bottom