Tragedy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Fedup

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I have just seen the news about that horrible atrocity that took place where so many were injured and killed. To all living in the USA I just want to say I am sorry this had to happen and that you are affected in any way.

My Condolences to all the family involved.

It has been the latest of the horrific mass shootings and unfortunately will continue if something is not done very soon.

Thanks for remembering the USA.

It's very sad, just a terrible tragedy. I know these kinds of things happen all around the world, but it feels as if mass shootings by deranged gunmen are happening more and more frequently here.

I've lived in Florida for a total of 11 years. Florida has to be one of the worst states for mental health. It's not that there isn't professional help here for mental illness, but for most it is out of reach. (This is why I believe in socialized healthcare for the US). Mental illness isn't just something that happens overnight, it's a long and progressive process. More people should be made aware of and educated to understand mental illness so that we all benefit in matters of public safety such as this.

Something like this really hits home, because I live only 20 miles away from where this shooting took place. Scary stuff.

Back
Top Bottom