Traveling internationally with medications

resaebiunne

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hello all,

I may have an opportunity to travel to a remote field station in the Peruvian Amazon to perform field work on a scientific expedition. It is a bit last minute news, as I am just now finding out that I might be able to go.

Anyway, as you can see from my signature I am on a number of medications for seizures and my mental illness. I need to find out if it will be legal for me to travel with these medications into Peru. Is there anyone here who knows of any resources where I might be able to find this information?

I assume I would be able to call the travel insurance agency and ask them when I find out who they are.

Cint

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi resaebiunne,

I've never been to Peru but I have flown internationally several times with all my meds. In addition to E, I also have Type 1 Diabetes, so I had to take my insulin AND my needles, etc along. All I needed was a note from my endocrinologist saying these were legitimate prescriptions and I needed them with me at all times.

So a note from your neurologist should suffice. I'm sure all meds that are prescribed are also legal in Peru.

Check out this website:
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/chronic/peru?s_cid=ncezid-dgmq-travel-single-001