Ugh!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I've had "feel funny" twice last night. My last appointment was in August and she said that if thinks sprouted up over the next monthh to go ahead and bump up my lamictal.

Fast forward to yesterday. I've had basically none of my bigger sensory spells. Just to try it I pumped up my night dose. I was light headed this morning, my stomach was in knots and I had a rough time falling asleep. The boost effects hit me rough. Felt tons worse that the odd feelings (which I don't know is if it's actually anything at all). I'm not keeping it raised. The side effects are tons worse than any of the "oddness". I think I've just been paranoid.

If mind/body does something different or feels funny. My first reaction is "OMG!!!" What's that???".

Anyway, lamictal sucks and I'm not gonna drug myself more than something on a "if it is". Probably shouldn't have taken that extra pill but my mind went into "uh oh" mode. My levels should be normal go back to normal right on my usual next dose right? One extra pill for half a day won't ruin me right?

I hate being such a worry worm :rolleyes:

An extra pill shouldn't hurt at all, IMHO. I am on Lamictal too, and I find that 200 twice a day doesn't really control my partial szs, and if I go to 250 twice a day, or even 200 in the morning and 250 at night, I start feeling really groggy, edgy, spacey, just overall icky. I'm going to talk to my neuro on Tuesday about getting a VNS implanted. I've been on 5 different AEDs and my szs aren't controlled, and/or the side effects are not tolerable. Good luck to you!

I've had "feel funny" twice last night. My last appointment was in August and she said that if thinks sprouted up over the next monthh to go ahead and bump up my lamictal.

Fast forward to yesterday. I've had basically none of my bigger sensory spells. Just to try it I pumped up my night dose. I was light headed this morning, my stomach was in knots and I had a rough time falling asleep. The boost effects hit me rough. Felt tons worse that the odd feelings (which I don't know is if it's actually anything at all). I'm not keeping it raised. The side effects are tons worse than any of the "oddness". I think I've just been paranoid.

If mind/body does something different or feels funny. My first reaction is "OMG!!!" What's that???".

Anyway, lamictal sucks and I'm not gonna drug myself more than something on a "if it is". Probably shouldn't have taken that extra pill but my mind went into "uh oh" mode. My levels should be normal go back to normal right on my usual next dose right? One extra pill for half a day won't ruin me right?

I hate being such a worry worm :rolleyes:
Katie, when I started on lamitical, I misunderstood the directions and took 25 mg twice a day instead of once of day for several days instead of the 25 mg. once per day. As soon as I realized my mistake I went down to 25mg once per day and stayed there until the first 2 weeks would have past, then I bumped up to 50 mg once a day, as directed.

I don't think I had any negative effects from my mistake.

An extra pill shouldn't hurt at all, IMHO. I am on Lamictal too, and I find that 200 twice a day doesn't really control my partial szs, and if I go to 250 twice a day, or even 200 in the morning and 250 at night, I start feeling really groggy, edgy, spacey, just overall icky. I'm going to talk to my neuro on Tuesday about getting a VNS implanted. I've been on 5 different AEDs and my szs aren't controlled, and/or the side effects are not tolerable. Good luck to you!

I'm on 250mg twice a day too. Plus 1000mg keppra twice. I just took an extra 25 last night.

Back
Top Bottom