Veeg

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mel239

New
Reaction score
OKAY I have my battle plan.I go in next Tuesday-again to Clev clinic for another veeg but this time I am prepared.No wasting time lounging around,wasting money on sitters when I need to be home.Doc says they cant make me have a seizure,so Im going to do what I can!! Im staying up the night before and drinking my coffee with plenty of equal and taking diet coke with me-I dont drink diet products normally so that will be a switch.Im thinking about popping a couple ginseng tabs with his approval.Ive never been told I had a photosensitive problem but I went on youtube and they had plenty of different strobe patterns.Only reaction I could get was a vomity feeling and a couple jerks but I was fully medicated and rested but I will still try it since Im taking my laptop anyway.I dont drink,but does anyone else have any ideas?Mine are worse in the heat and sunlight-not much good when youre lying in a bed-lol

oh wow , your not kidding around ! i def understand your frustration , im there with you .... but please be careful , i will be thinking of you !

Everyone has a seizure threshold... so I guess we all could do a range of things to induce a seizure. I am curious as to why you would want to go to such extremes?

These tests are not the answer to everything.

My daughter's VEEG showed nothing, but she continued to have tonic clonic seizures.
We have been able to control them by making nutritional changes. There is a lot that our neurologists do not know, or the connection between the brain and the gut.

Kindling is too real. I would not want to provoke seizures if I could help it. I want to teach the brain not to seize.

Honestly I agree with Robin, the tests aren't the answer to everything and it's a shame that you have to push yourself in the wrong direction to provoke a seizure. I wish there were an easier way to get a diagnosis, it sounds so unpleasant. The only thing I can think to add to your list of seizure triggers is low blood sugar. If you skip a few meals that might do the trick too.

My epi says Im on high doses of 2 aeds and in the summer every time I walk outside I suffer from constant sps. Although I am willing to accept this as a part of life, I am willing to to try everything I can to give my kids back a normal mother that my docs may see something that may make me a candidate for surgery before i lose my kids childhood.I will go to any extreme possible in order that this may happen and if it doesnt,we adjust and go on from there.But this is an opportunity I will not be passive in.

I know many will probably say this does not sound like a good idea, but honestly, I cannot blame you. Why go through all this testing to go home with nothing? They send us in with flashing lights, noises ect-whats the diff? After all you are in a hospital where they can get you immediate care should you need it. Good luck-I hope you get the answers you are looking for. This seems to be The biggest issue with epilepsy-never getting good answers as to why, and to getting good treatment. Best of luck. I hope you let us all know how this works out, as I am suppose to do this too.

My epi says Im on high doses of 2 aeds and in the summer every time I walk outside I suffer from constant sps. Although I am willing to accept this as a part of life, I am willing to to try everything I can to give my kids back a normal mother that my docs may see something that may make me a candidate for surgery before i lose my kids childhood.I will go to any extreme possible in order that this may happen and if it doesnt,we adjust and go on from there.But this is an opportunity I will not be passive in.

I'm also on two doses of AEDs after having a left temporal lobectomy, trying many meds, and having the VNS. My kids were small when I had the brain surgery, as my intention was the same as yours, to give my children back their mother. With me, the surgery only made the seizures worse, not to mention the depression that goes with the it and the memory loss. There are bits of my children's childhood that I don't recall now when viewing photographs of them when they were young. And the depression was soooo bad for a long, long time. Finally had the Vagus Nerve Stimulator put in for the seizures and it has helped, but not totally stopped the seizures. But their not as bad as they once were. I have CP seizures with secondary TC's.

I hope the docs tell you everything, so ask lots of questions, as the surgery doesn't work for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom