Verrrrry annoyed!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
:(This is going to sound funny, but I just need to vent about my tongue. I had 2 Grand Mal seizures a week ago and did a real number on my tongue. It looks (and feels) like it was raked across the asphalt. It made a really nasty "strawberry". It's been 7 days and it's STILL healing and still hurts like a b**ch!! I wanted to order pizza for dinner tonight, but couldn't because the tomatoe sauce would BURN the you know what outta the sore on my tongue. At first the sore was about the size of my thumbnail. It's now down to about a pinkie fingernail. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At first I was rinsing with peroxide and salt water. But I gave up on it cuz I figured the tongue is just going to heal as slow or as quick as it wants to....no matter what I do. So, I'm just sucking it up with a little help from Anbesol & some Lidocaine 2% that I got from the Dr. Anyway, hope I didn't bring anyone down. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

bee.jpg
bee.jpg
Honey
bee.jpg
bee.jpg

bee.jpg

bee.jpg
bee.jpg

bee.jpg
from bees
bee.jpg

Honey makes the tongue heal faster as the natural bacteria are benificial
!
bee.jpg

bee.jpg

Thanks Birdbomb!! I had no idea that honey helped in healing........ya learn something new everyday. Thanks! ;)

Hi B.O., welcome to the forum. :hello:

A few years ago, Stacy chomped her tongue so badly during a TC (tonic clonic/grand mal seizure) that she had a flap of tongue by her molars where the tongue was cut deeply. It took months before the flap healed into a bump and about a year or so before the bump more or less disappeared. :eek:

The bad news is, it takes a looonnnnnnnnnggggg time to heal. The good news is, it *will* heal.

When I can STAND it...I put ice on my tongue to numb it.
When I CAN'T stand it...I throw $%#! around. It doesn't numb the pain, but it gets my mind other things like fixing broken windows and stuff instead of how bad my tongue feels. Redirection of attention is hard but effective.
Truly, I don't recommend breaking your stuff, but trying to keep yourself from doing just that in a temper tantrum is just the 'diversion' I'm talking about. You'll find yourself concentrating on how to do that without ruining your stuff rather than how crappy that tongue feels.

Honey, huh?.....I'm gonna have to try that one!

I have Honey at my house and will never run out of it now that i know it can help my son if he bites his tongue again. Thanks Birdbomb!!!
Marian

You are welcome. I found out about honey after I tried to chew my tongue off too. Both sides got caught in between the molars during my GM.

Very interesting about honey. Thnx Birdbomb. But I thought 'store' honey was pasturized (heated) in order to kill everything. Maybe farmers' market honey would be unpasturized? I'll have to ask at the farmers' market about their honey treatment...

Birdy's right - HONEY WORKS!

Ever remember the commercial
"A little dab will do ya?"

If the wound isn't too deep,
Anbesol works as well too,
I also found relief in biting on
clove or using clove oil as well.

Back
Top Bottom