Visualization Techniques: Are you able to use them?

Reaction score
I am unable to visualize..AT ALL. I can dream but I have no visual imagination during waking hours. Everything is black.

Apparently this is extremely uncommon, but I was wondering if it is more common in people with Epilepsy or if I just have a separate issue.

Are you able to visualize?
Is it easy for you?
If so, is it easy for you?

Last edited:

Bidwell

New
Reaction score
Cuppycake,

I have a lot of visual imagination, but since I have been taking epilepsy meds I have not been able to use visualization techniques to help with anxiety. Those techniques were helpful and I miss them.

Bidwell

Reaction score
Thanks for answering Bidwell..I'm sorry to hear that your visualization techniques are no longer working. May I ask if you have lost your visual imagination? Or is it just a matter of the visualizations not providing any relief from your anxiety?

Cuppycake

Bidwell

New
Reaction score
Cuppycake -- I do think I have lost my visual imagination. [ I really had to think about it.] I am a very visual person -- or at least that is what I say to myself. But it is in the looking and remembering what I have seen, especially color. [I love color.] And people's faces. But the imagination isn't there. It is hard for me to put myself in your place by imagining what you are experiencing with the blackness -- and yet I have a hint somehow. Take good care of yourself.And let me know if it changes for you! Bidwell