Vitamin 12

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I been study up on pernicious anemia and there collation between e Meds and B12 all got something to do with B9 it complicated so I know go into that bit.low vit b do not mean pernicious anemia you still like shit but that said the blood .martyn math exam cells are bigger than shod be and B12 injections should also like pa patient should have them alas many doctors have no clue.
it is auto immune disease chance you got one you pre disposed to others hakimoso just example.
You ask what this got do with e well a lot many people with e can be auto immune but even more to us many e Meds can cause B12 problems epilim tegratol to name two.It is important we get tests done they may well come back normal but we'll be far from that,doc do folic there are more specific test that can be done.in uk NHS has put bar on docs also even if low no guarantee you get right treatment have have certain levels before that 20yr ago you get right treatment but NHS have put bar on that.
Many of us go round like zombies given bums rush by medics and it got to stop.it hot potato and many forums goverment probing is going on if read up on net Martyn's hooper is the author well worth reading.dont go by diet alone it make no difference.He mention e very common with B12,
Goodnight all happy chatting

Ever since I went on e-meds, I've been "subnormal" in terms of white and red blood cell measures. Nothing too extreme, but enough so that my regular doc referred me to a hematologist to rule out anything serious. I'm otherwise healthy, so the conclusion was that I was somewhat deficient in B12. I take a supplement, and I also eat plenty of foods with B12 (eggs and dairy).

Anti-seizure meds can block the absorption of folate (vitamin B9), another nutrient that can contribute to anemia when there's a deficiency. People with epilepsy should check with their docs about taking a B-complex supplement if they don't already.

I started taking B12 a few years ago because I'd read that it helped with keprage which I have very bad. I began having more seizures when I was on it so I stopped taking it. I do take a folic acid pill daily and don't have any problems with it.

Everyone reacts differently do different things though so as Nakamova said talk to your dr first if you are thinking about taking B12.

B12 by mouth not that great for low b12.in uk doc not allowed do B12 blood test only he has to do folic which often disguises the low b12 epilepsy Meds are apparently notorious for causing b12 deficiency

You can get self medications injections from Canada but they only ship to USA

In uk it postal lottery if you get it or not.Hospitals often vary as to what is low.low vit levels not always the castle factors...Doc can get stuck off if he do b12 on its own.Many people have nuro fibrosis or just feel like shit are not believed docs will tell you nothing wrong with you.If allowed do just b12 they more likely find it b12 levels.They stuff they use only worth pennies it be more cost effected treated and most important the patient have quality of life and go back to work or be a parent where you don't dread getting up.they end up taking depression pills which lowere the B12 so you back and forth to doc who now believes patient classed as hypcocondract

Back
Top Bottom