Vns

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Don't know if i'm posting on right forum... I would like too mee others
who have the VNS... I have too say it was 1 of the things that saved my life...
Proud too say that would just like too get get others opinions...

I first heard about it at UTMB in the late 90's when I was not doing so hot on my meds... When I got my Meds in line along with a few personal problems that didnt help my Epilepsy.. It was on... After August of 2000 life changed so
much... In 99 when my Neurologist said Mickey its Felbatol or alchol...

My biggest demon.. Had to make the descison for 11 yrs now Felbatol and Lamictal have worked togther..

Proud too say was 3rd too get it Galveston and the 1st for it too work...
Like too joke i'm there hometown hero.. Cause being invented in Leauge City
wwhich is in Galveston County bout 20 miles up the road...
So happy too have seen them go world wide in the past 6 or 7 yrs...

I do have too truly thank Cyberonics for what they did... Always have..

Positive Vibrations!!!

Mickey

Hi Mickey,

I had my first VNS surgery back in 1998, after a failed left temporal lobectomy, and trying 12 different medications, including Lamictal and Felbatol- which gave me severe migraines and made me feel like a zombie.
The VNS hasn't completely eliminated seizures, but it has improved my life significantly. I wished I had the VNS before the brain surgery. The lobectomy nearly destroyed me.

Hi Mickey

I got my first VNS in 1997 I remember it was as big as a hochey puck and I had a big magnet to go along with it. Although it was big it did improve my life and my seizures. My seizures are still not considered "under control" but they are alot better than they were.
I think of mine as just another medication and when people ask me to explain how it works I just say it's like a pace maker for my brain.

Good luck and god bless.
tkopi

Hey Clint congrats!!!! It is a life saver.... Me neither 100% seizure free...
I went through all the tests for brain surgery... Was approved.. Glad something told me not too do it..
It was funny cause my Mom was the 1 who said it... Cause she heard about this little pace maker device!!!

Glad U were strong enough too change Ur life around after what brain surgery almost did too you...

Positive Vibrations

Mickey

Hi tkopl

I remember my first VNS the 100 it was a moster... LOL... I still have 1 of my original magnets white looks like a horse shoe..

The best medication to our BRAIN!!

Positive Vibrations

Mickey

Back
Top Bottom