Vns

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This is the article which refered to the link:

The UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has issued medical device alerts for implantable nerve stimulators and electrical hoists. Implantable vagus nerve stimulators manufactured by Cyberonics VNS Therapy can produce painful or erratic stimulation and loss of therapy, the agency says. Two models of electrical hoists manufactured by Patterson Medical have had the boom and spreader bar detach during use.

Hey thanks! This is an awesome site! I wonder if they are aware of the late onset cardiac issues.

Not sure, but as I work for a medical device company I subscribe to several "publications" via email that try and keep me updated on actions in the Medical Device Industries. And actually, anyone can subscribe to the FDA website and get updates on any product recalls or "483" letters to companies sighting problems within that company.

Back
Top Bottom