warm sensation in lower left leg

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Started about a week ago, at first I thought I had some hot/warm water on my leg. It only lasts about a second, but a number of times throughout the day. No pain. Not hot to the touch. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Wondering if it is a neurological issue, or perhaps a reaction to meds?

Any chance it could be a hormonal issue? (hot flashes happen in the legs too...)

jewels1964,
I used to get a similar feeling in both my legs more frequently than nowadays. It started when I was usually in bed trying to fall asleep and would last well over a minute. It has happened throughout other times during the day as well. My docs didn't know what it could be. It may have been the meds, I think I was on keppra at the time(not positive, possibly depakote).
I really hope it's not hormonal as I'm 23 and a guy! [emoji51]

Hi Nakamova... I really don't know... definitely at the right age for that stuff to be happening. Anyways, I'm getting it checked out. Thanks for your reply.

I had a pinched nerve in my back for years. My calf would get numb and sometimes my foot. It would feel like they were asleep. I had surgery and it still happens sometimes. I don't know if you consider it feeling hot but it may not be as strong of a numbness, just a little tingle.

I'd maybe see a dr who deals with the back, it could have something to do with that.

I do have degenerative disc disease in my neck... maybe that is causing it. Thanks for your reply.

I get a heat in my lower left leg usually spreading to my left arm just before I have a deja vu episode/seizure.

Back
Top Bottom