What Do They Do If Your Allergic To Both?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
I was thinking today, and it made me very curious. What if I end up needed the ambulance and they look at my medical ID bracelet and notice I m allergic to Ativan and Dilantin. Is there any other medications they can use in the ambulance or do they only have those two?
I live in California and go to organ a lot as well. I don't know if all the states carry the same drugs or not. If not what would CA and OR have?
Thank you for your time! :)

Usually ambulance tend to use vallium or midazolam here.

Same here ours in the UK is diazepam and midazolam ..... And Ive even been pumped full of 750mg phenytoin aswell by iv ...

You could maybe ring a local med centre or ring your local ambulance station and just inquire just say its been in your mind and would like to know what would happen in such an emergency .....

They may weigh up the risks of you dealing with and allergic reaction vs stopping a seizure so the May still pump you full of the meds to stop the seizures but monitor you closer for allergic reaction with an adrenaline shot at hand just Incase ... They do things at the interest of the patients health

Xx

Would they really tell me if I called them up and asked? Because basically that's what I'm trying to do is think of the pros and cons.

Jayde answered you too.

As for me, I've no idea. Just wanted to point that out. ;)

Back
Top Bottom