[News] What Do You Do After a Seizure?

Lovelace

New
Reaction score
What do you do after a seizure? Do you take it easy or keep on going? My seizures come, but I have so much cleaning to get done. My head feels a little inflamed on the plane where my seizures come from. A part of me wants to push through it and get done what needs to get done and then a part of me says to rest and take it easy. How are things going to get done around the house? Just wondering how others handle things when seizures come?

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
I take focal seizures (partial seizures), mainly they're complex partials so I often feel tired or get the post seizure headache.

If I'm at home I will take it easy & just relax or rest, if I have stuff to do it can wait until I feel better.

But if I am at work I keep working, just take my time & take it a little easier for the rest of the day.

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
I usually see how I go and make a judgment call, most of the time I will push myself to get on with life.

I've had seizures in the morning and played a full hockey game a few hours later

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Lovelace,

Right after a seizure I'm usually confused for a few seconds and feel a little tired but I just keep going on know matter if it was a absence or complex partial seizure. I found if I sit down and rest I feel worse, so I just keep going even when I'm at work and then I don't feel tired anymore and if I get a headache it goes away quicker. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
I usually see how I go and make a judgment call, most of the time I will push myself to get on with life.

I've had seizures in the morning and played a full hockey game a few hours later
I wont let my seizures stop me, I was visiting a relative in Sydndye years ago & we went to the blue mountains. On the drive I had a small seizure, he realised & got concerned. We were going to go for a small walk near the blue mountains but he didnt think it was wise for me to do it since Id had the seizure. I said no ill be fine, I was fine by the time we got to the blue mountains & did the walk with my relative watching me the whole time lmao.

I wasnt letting a seizure stop me from doing something I probably would never get to do again (as I dont live near Sydney area).