What's everyone have planned for the summer?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hawke86

New
Reaction score
Does anyone have anything good or interesting planned for the summer? I'll probablly stay home. I don't have anything planned. It's usually to hot to do anything where I live. I have to stay out of the sun cause of the side efffects that one of medications has. I miss doing things in the sun though. If I do anything in the sun I have to be careful. Do you people have any medicine like that? I hope everyone has a great summer. :banana: :banana:
Hawke :rock:

Hello Hawke- I live in perpetual summer so I check the calendar to see what season I could be in. I agree you should watch the sun but try to get out-get a BIG hat! As for summer plans, well not much since we live on an island and we have lost two airlines in the past month ticket prices are now going thru the roof so no mainland trips for a while. Maybe we'll drive around the island....hana hou (again)

We are thinking about taking a trip to see the caves at Carlsbad Caverns and possibly visiting some friends in New Mexico.

Hello again Hawke
No plans here for the summer except going back to Iowa where I came from and seeing family. I use to love the sun but since my EP if I stay out to long and get hot I get a really bad headache and feel like I am going to pass out. So my summers are down the toilet:flushed: The cold gets to me also. Once I get so cold I cant get warm and shake up a storm. I use to snowboard but I cant do that anymore either It is a bummer, cause I love to be outside with my kids.
See Ya Necie:elephant:

Does anyone have anything good or interesting planned for the summer? I'll probablly stay home. I don't have anything planned. It's usually to hot to do anything where I live. I have to stay out of the sun cause of the side efffects that one of medications has. I miss doing things in the sun though. If I do anything in the sun I have to be careful. Do you people have any medicine like that?

You bet your booties I do!

Hence why I have the Brand Spanking New
POLL here:

Risk Factors Associated with Epilepsy - Part II (Doing Things When Advised Otherwise)

I take my Risk and Chances sometimes!

However as for the "SUN FACTOR", it doesn't
apply or affect nor impact me, even though the
medication(s) - not necessarily AEDS
would have Red Label(s) or Red Warning(s)
slapped on the bottle(s). It means absolutely
nothing; because of my heritage. I am not a
true Caucasian - I'm half Jewish and half
American Indian, so I tan and can get really
dark ~ even though I'm blonde with blue eyes,
and all in spite I could be light (not true white)
tanned, and spent the entire day outside and
end up just being a slight tan!

My Danger Lies In This: I am very prone to
OVERDOING everything, this is a fault / flaw
of mine; hence why I love the D.S.T. (Daylight
Savings Time) so much. I am still working on it,
because if I overdo everything, I put myself into
jeopardy later, seizure mode, especially when I'm
tired, exhausted, et cetera. I'm not the type of
person that likes to take "breaks", when I do my
work, I keep at it until it is completed! It's a peeve
of mine to see a job half done or incomplete! So
it's a big challenge for me to STOP and FINISH IT
TOMORROW! I push myself too far too many times,
but that is me.

However, I have zero tolerance for COLD, and can
not tolerate anything below 72 degrees or I'll be
shivering, and if it continues to drop, it will put me
into a seizure mode whether I'm on AEDS
or not. Even worse, when the SUNLIGHT becomes
less and less, aka SAD, my seizure mode increases.

Last edited:
My summer is going to be filled with taking children to summer school. Kater has to go since she isn't keeping up with her grade level expectations, and my DS wants to go so that he can go on the fieldtrips.

We will take a week off to go camping, and of course we have a pool so that will be used almost daily, but other than that it will be nothing special.

Rebecca had summer school. She is taking an English review, American Sign Language, and an Advanced Dance Class. When that is over we are meeting friend in The Hampton's. Then we will spend a few days in Manhattan. After I bring Rebecca home, I leave for an art workshop in San Luis, Mexico, with an outing to San Miguel.

I am excited about my summer!

We are planning on going to a zoo in Burlington, IL where my husband's cousin works. She works with all the big cats and has recently been working with the seals. Hopefully, we will get a private tour which will be fun. We were planning on going to the state of Washington for my nephew's graduation, but we just found out that my father-in-law only has 3 or less months to live, so we want to stay close to home.

I'm sure with 3 kids here, we will be busy doing other things also.

Oh, the family will definitely take a camping trip this summer. We usually go tent camping about 2-3 times per year. The only time it's tough is when it's February. *brrrrrrrrr* But I can't complain too much. That's February in the California mountains. :)

Back
Top Bottom