Where are you from, interests?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
We've seen a lot of posts from a lot of people new here and not so new. Where does everyone come from and what interests you such as music, books, favorite hobbies, etc?

I'm from Oregon, born and raised. Spent a year in Colorado and had fun, got to work as an usher for rock concerts and even football games at the Broncos stadium. I came back after things didn't work out but this is my home.

My interests are rock n roll, reading, writing short stories, favorite author is Stephen King, favorite movies are horror and drama and suspense. My favorite band of all time is Def Leppard, then Motley Crue, Poison, Bon Jovi, Great White, Guns N Roses and a whole lot more.

I've seen Def Leppard 15 times, met them all 12 times, pics of me with them are in my albums. Met more than 60 rock stars including Great White, Poison, Velvet Revolver, Whitesnake, Scorpions & the list goes on.

Have seen more than 150 rock concerts and my hobbies besides seeing concerts include movies, listening to music and in the past creating websites and graphics for those sites. Your turn.

You and I would get along great. I loved all those bands, back in the 80s. Still have fond memories. :) I've seen Iron Maiden losts of times, they were my fav from the 80s. Never listened to any of their music past the 1990 mark. LOVE Rush!

I've been to 100+ concerts too. The most recent being 311. A week from today I see Incubus and Linkin Park. I met Incubus a few yrs back, after being in the ER the night before thanks to a grand mal. :p Needless to say, I wasn't in peak form. I think I'd been up too late the night before, at the Chevelle/Staind show...ha ha.

I love thai food, watching football on TV. Being here in Dallas, there's not too many of us Cowboy haters. Needless to say I don't get invited to many watching parties. ;) I also love sleep, esp my fancy egyption cotton sheets, try them!!! . I love beer, and occassional weed, and I love taking hot baths- I don't recommend this for anyone who's sezures aren't controlled. I'm one heck of a fisher woman, but I need someone to take the fish off the hook..lol.

I'll have to add to this later..:)

Iseen Linkn Park too, met their drummer, nice guy. That's a lot of concerts. I have also seen Skid Row with Sebastian Bach, what a hottie. Bon Jovi and so many more. Seen Nikki Sixx's band Sixx AM too.

I don't like the Cowboys either. lol. I like watching pro football, don't watch all games but watch the superbowl every year and working as an usher at the Broncos stadium at one time, got to see a couple of games and even got to see the football players and cheerleaders practice.

Other bands I love not from the 80's are Fleetwood Mac, Aerosmith, the Eagles, seen them live in Colorado when working at the stadium.

I'm an Aussie, I live in a quite town but there is plenty of shops & public transport around. I have lived in the same town most of my life, although my parents moved out to the country when I was 12 but I moved back into town when I was 22.

I love walking so try to walk as much as I can but I work 5 days a week so find it hard to always find time to walk. I was going to the gym for a little while which I enjoyed but decided to give that a break when I got my job as I didn't have the time to go to the gym during the week. I like to surf on the net when I have the time, usually it's mainly facebook or epilepsy forums.

There is a similar thread in the lounge.
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f21/what-do-you-do-your-spare-time-16242/

Last edited:
I am from Ireland, where I live is considered a big town, but honestly its not, people just never traveled. Where I am from, there are nine pubs, 3 schools (why I do not know) and at its best (a long time ago) the most that lived there, about 900, one road in one out, my favorite band is Queen, just realised I like poetry and stories, favorits are Nicholasscot21 and Silat, always will be. I love gardening, I just have not spent a lot of time there lately, and seeing new places.

Last edited:
I'm from Colorado, living right here in the Denver area. Saw Fleetwood Mac back in the 70's up at beautiful Red Rocks Ampitheatre in Golden, where I went to High School. Not into some of the bands you mention. Love going downtown to the Rockies baseball games and up in the beautiful rocky mountains for cross country skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer. I was married to a pilot and used to travel, was my goal also, as I worked in the airlines also before E. Been all over the U.S., to Paris, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Germany, and would love to go back to Europe.

I have two grown children- a married daughter and a son who is in law school (Boston University). Hopefully, I will get to go to Boston when he graduates this coming year.

P.S. I did all this traveling despite the fact that I had/have E and also the VNS. I have/had all types of seizures, fortunately never had any while flying. Only one CP at an airport. If I can, so can the rest of you with E!

I from Georgia, born and raised.

I live east of Atlanta.

I like to camp (in a RV or a tent), read, shop and garden.

Hi Cint, when I lived in Colorado, I used to be an usher at the Broncos Stadium and did rock concerts, my first being an Eagles concert and did football games too. Used to go back and fourth to Denver all the time by bus.

Thanks for all the replies, it's cool to know where people are from and interests.

I'm from a town in Northern Ireland called Ballymena, a tiny and not spectacular place but always home to me. I last lived there in 2008 but moved back to England (and to mum and dad!) when i started having seizures.

I've lived in north west England on and off since i was a child, my parents brought us over to get a decent education.

I like painting, baking, and spending lots and lots of time with my two birds, a budgie called Bob and the relatively new addition, Smokey the Cockatiel. They're my babies :p Training and taming Smokey takes up an awful lot of my time lately, it's like having a small child. We're making progress though, i have a lot of patience for animals.

I also read anything and everything and like to play computer games. It's like a cut-off from reality :D

I'm from Massachusetts and was raised in Maryland, but I have lived in Georgia the past 20 years. I have raised three beautiful daughters, and I adore my grandchildren. I work full time to help support my family as my husband is losing his sight and can no longer work desk jobs. I'm finishing my degree in ministry--only 4 courses left--and did I mention I love my grandchildren!! Oh and I've been to see both KISS and Boston--Boo yaa!

I'm from Maryland, but have been in Massachusetts for the last 30 years. Music tastes are all over the map...

Wow, some exciting lives and experiences!

I was born in Maryland, have been all over the U.S. - me military, spouse military, divorce, college and remarried. I'm back on the east coast now.

I've been to one concert, in my 20's. It was to see Danzig, I had a seizure! :eek:

I read (history and economics), like coding/web design/dbs, love to cook, but no one to cook for atm and I can't eat the good stuff anyways. :(

I like to veg garden and can but will have to wait for spring to prep this new yard.

Music - weird mix...class rock, Clapton, Rush, Fleetwood Mac, Cure, Clash, FNC, Smiths, Cat Stevens...

I started taking an online class, not for credit, to keep up to date on new tech and to keep from dying of boredom.

And of course, spending time here!

I'm from New York, but was born in India. My family moved to the US when I was 10.

Movies: I love watching comedy movies and Indian movies.
Music: I listen to any language if it sounds good :)

Hello ,
I just love the picture of the dog fed up. Gee I hope I a posting in the right spot- I am new.
Small towns are the best of all. We all get sick of ourselves every now and then. I joined this site to ask advise from suffers. My neighbor bashed on my door demanding i turn my little fairy lights off because her son takes fits.

I like them & they keep the bats away. Does anybody think i shouldnt just tell her to hang curtains?

I am not an unkind person . I dont see why i have to not have on my property something i want . I mean lets face it a car driving past or turning on the corner of a night where shelves would be far worse than these little 6 volt fairy lights imop.

She was so rude.

Any advise welcome pls!?

Back
Top Bottom