Why am i so tired?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pheonix

New
Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of sleep, i've always woken up early (6am everyday) but im so tired at the moment, im getting home at about 4:30pm and just falling asleep and often not waking up till the morning, if anything im doing less than normal but my mind just goes by miday and i can't think or concentrate. I just wandered if anyone knew why this is and how to stop it? thanks everyone

I dont even know what a thyroid is :L I recognise the word but my memory has gone so bad at the moment even if I did before I don't now lol

Ive been like that and i have a underactive thyroid and take medication for it ... But when i started my keppra the tiredness came back :( and at the moment Im sleeping more than average :(

How often are you having seizures? I know the day after I have a seizure I'll sleep all day long.

The medicine I'm on makes me pretty tired too, but I see you aren't on any at the moment.

The Thyroid is a butterfly shaped gland in your neck that is responsible for how quickly you use energy and how sensitive you are to other hormones. The most common problems that people can get with the thryoid is if it's overactive, which is hyperthryoidism or underactive which is hypothyroidism. Both can make you tired. I have hypothyroidism. Other symptoms go with both. You may just not be getting as much sleep as you think. If you're having seizures in your sleep without knowing, that can make you tired & even sleeping too much can make you tired too.

I'm having them quite a lot which probably is the reason, I have an aura most of the time in the past week or so and once or twice a day they have been going into partials, I didn't think about it happening in my sleep, it could be I guess... Definalty feel like it when I wake up! Thanks

I know how u feel I go to bed tired and wake up tired and I feel myself drifting off through the day :)
Silly meds

Back
Top Bottom