[News] Why Seizures Spread

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Zoe

Alternative Research Encyclopedia
Reaction score
This is in today's news.

Science Daily
Posted: 13 Sep 2016 09:52 AM PDT

Researchers have identified a new explanation for why some seizures spread across the brain. Using a computer model based on direct brain recordings from epilepsy patients, they are the first to show the existence of a network of neural regions that can push or pull on the synchronization of the regions directly involved in a seizure.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releas...epsy+(Epilepsy+Research+News+--+ScienceDaily)

Hi Zoe,

Thanks for the post I found it very interesting. My seizures spread over the yrs. from the right temporal lobe to the frontal lobe and over to the left temporal lobe. According to my Epileptologist I was told it happened do to so many yrs. of seizures (44 yrs) and that caused more damage. Once again thank you for the post and May God Bless You!

Sue

That is a very informative article. My seizures have also changed over the years. I only had Simple Partials until about 17 years ago--then I began having Complex Partials, too.

My seizures changed over the years too, mostly in frequency and more full blown convulsions than partials. I now think this was much the result of over-drugging, which may be one of the reasons more people don't get full control of seizures on their meds.

Back
Top Bottom