Would you laugh or be offended

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Okay, my DOCTOR said something to me today & kind of surprised me. I know he was kidding but what do you think? I went to my dad's appointment with him, we have the same doctor and as we left, I saw him talking to one of the other doctors and above that doctor's office, there was a sign that said "No Whining"

So I made the comment to him (My doctor), "I like that sign" Not really looking at me, he just goes "Then don't" he did have a smile on his face. I figured he was kidding, just his reply kind of surprised me, since it was out of the blue. I figured on him saying more like "It's funny" or something. lol

Would you laugh or be offended if your doctor said it to you?

nope,
life is to short to let anything short of a large car falling on you bother you.
specially if you have something silly like epilepsy to deal with already.

Well if he had a smile, he was probably joking. I would think so at least. What a silly sign anyways for a doctor to have haha.

It was more of a smirk, like a smart ass would have and I think he is one. lol

I could be smart ass at next appointment when he says to do something and in a whiny voice say "But whyyyyyyyyyyyyy" lol

Or you could be the ultimate smart ass and say this, "I like your sign, I bet you don't whine when you get your paycheck, huh...."

I would pay money for a picture of his reaction. Priceless!

Well, it wasn't his sign. It was another doctor's & he happened to be standing there talking to him. I love my doctor, he's really nice. He was just being smart. lol.

Last edited:
Probably a bit too smart. and MuayThaiFighter is right I bet even the other doctor does no whine when he gets his pay cheek.

Wouldn't bother me at all. I'd probably ask where they bought the sign so I can hang one up at my house. :roflmao:

Honestly, I'd be offended for a few minutes, then I'd just forget about it. :) No big deal. But I don't think the sign is appropriate to have hanging in a dr's office. But that's just me.

Well, I wasn't sure what to think at first but I'm sure he was joking. It'd be different if I'd said something that'd be considered whining and he said that. lol. I don't know if it's inappropriate for the office, cause it's not where the patients would be, just for the doctor. It would be inappropriate if it was in the exam room for sure.

laugh it off,maybe he thought you were whinging...but as said be real smart arse tell him his whingers keep him in big bucks and more whingers he got the richer he be

Either way, I would just forget about it. He probably meant nothing by his remark.

I'm sure he didn't. He's a really super nice guy. First doctor I've had I think in my whole life that actually cares about my well being and health. I've had doctors that would tell you to quit whining and be serious, no joke but my doctor is so different.

I think why I was surprised is his tone wasn't doctor like, know what I mean? It was more like he'd say to someone he knows well & was kidding. In that sense, if I did know him, I'd know the sense of humor he has when not at work. Like me, I say stuff that some people go "HUH? But other's find funny. lol

Gotcha. Plus it was a Friday, maybe he was just joking around. Maybe he let his guard down a little & was looking forward to the week-end.

Back
Top Bottom