[GARD/GFCF] Zucchini and Creamed Coconut

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
This is perfect served over a bed of quinoa or rice with a green salad or served as a side dish with any meal

Serves 4

4 zucchini
1 cup coconut milk
1 TBL coconut oil or olive oil or ghee
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 TBL lemon juice

Heat the oil in a flat skillet over a medium flame.
Add the curry powder and sea salt and stir continuously until bubbling.
This takes about on minute
Do not burn or brown, as this will turn the spices bitter.
Stir in the coconut milk, cover and simmer for a few minutes
Top and tail the zucchini
Cut lengthwise into quarters
Cut each strip into 2 inch lengths
Add the zucchini to the coconut milk, cover and cook until they are slightly tender
Squeeze in the lemon juice and serve.

Does the

taste of the cocout go away? I LOVE zucchini, but I HATE coconut. I know that's weird....

I think that sounds absolutely delicious, thanks Robin.

It is a curry Mary. Most have coconut in them. I think if the ingredients are really fresh they don't have overpowering flavors. It is the cheap imitations that do. IMO

Hmmmm, I

may have to try it then. I've just had some realllllly bad experiences with coconut.......:(

I like coconut in drinks or in sweet things, but coconut in savory things just doesnt taste right. Especially in curry. I had this coconut curry dish at Earls and it was horrible. it only tasted like weird coconut.

But when I was in mexico, they would cut you a fresh cocnut 8not dried out but fresh and juicy and almost slimy) and then cover it in hot sauce and lime! that was heavenly.
Its tastes much different fresh

The gastrointestinal tract mainly comprises the stomach, the small and the large intestines and other associated organs. The stomach and the intestines (commonly known as the colon) help in the digestion of food that we consume and absorption of vital nutrients from the digested food. Numerous disorders are known to affect the stomach and the intestines, thereby altering their normal function. Ulcers, inflammatory conditions and infections are commonly noted in the stomach and the intestines. The administration of virgin coconut oil has been found to have numerous benefits in such conditions. The MCFAs present in virgin coconut oil significantly reduce the inflammation and other cell changes noted in conditions such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and others.
Consumption of a diet with adequate amounts of virgin coconut oil also decreased the incidence of colon infections in individuals suffering from Crohn's disease. It was also noted that virgin coconut oil had anti-inflammatory effect on the cells and tissues of the colon. These properties may be beneficial in growth of helpful bacteria that improves absorption of nutrients from the small and large intestines.
http://www.coconut-oil-benefits.com/virgin-coconut-oil-gastrointestinal-tract.html

Back
Top Bottom