The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nope, not a thing there that i either haven't already applied for, or is completely unsuitable.

I hate when jobs advertise that it must be a driver, even though the job could actually be done using public transport if required =/ For example, there's some there which are advertising that they need social workers to check out people who want to be foster carers. I have the knowledge and the capability for it, i even know all the laws and legislation surrounding it, but i'd need a driving license.

Pffft. Oh well, i've done enough applications this week anyway lol.

Nighty night all!

Lou,

I hope things start working out for you. I understand the frustration of the job-hunting thing. I really do. And the neuro is royal pain.

You COULD always just give the computer a good ol' whack, couldn't you? Maybe THAT would speed it up! *chuckling*

I got a job offer from a place I applied to 3 years ago today in washington state.
I live alabama now. I rethought it. several times, and recalled them to see how much they paid to see if it was worth risking my disabilty. I still hallucinate and talk to myself sometimes so I didnt know if it was worth risking it. especially for less than 12 an hour

Not too sure if id move completley across the country for a job. I know finding a job with E is difficult but that does not sound worth it to me. What would you be doing?

bicycle tech, a job I enjoy I left out part of that.

I turned turned it down with out thinking, She caught me the wrong time of day mostly. That far north and close to the water didn't seem like a good idea at first guess, rains 300 days of the year. plus in a small town.

I also just was asked to leave the house and was in the process of talking some of the details of what about was about to happen between me and my gf, bleh. Her opinion if what happens. this that and the other.

Last edited:
Actually, I

think it was probably a smart decision. With your seizures, and the proximity to water as you mentioned.........it's probably the best choice.

took pics of one of bikes to write the ad to put it up for sale tonight, two out of three are going up for sale, we will see what happens with them. will make traveling and setting up easier, just going to leave my industrial sewing machine here, not worth the money i need to fix it again. or the effort to move it. it is literally old as I am and weighs more than my desk.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/22984504"]Dirt Devil-The Exorcist on Vimeo[/ame]

Didn't get any of the 3 jobs i applied for this week =/ Today was a day of "thanks but no thanks"

Going to see if anything new has been put up over the last few days. I could be about to lose my current job, so i really need to be looking extra hard.

Lol! I just did a search and it came up with some support worker jobs. Then i find out it's with the same company i currently work for *facepalm*

They trying to replace you?
or do they have places open ?

They're looking for bank staff, which is pretty much casual workers (so they're not obliged to give them a contract with set out hours, sick pay, holiday pay etc)

My managers were actually at my work today, but i just missed them. They left just before i got there and didn't leave any messages for me. It all depends on this person who's never met me to make a decision on whether or not i'm too much of a risk to the people i support and whether or not i can fulfill my contract.

Well, Lou

Don't feel bad. I'm batting worse than you.

I've been applying for jobs, as I would love to have another income during the summer--and I haven't heard from a single one so far. I think I've put in 20 applications in the last 2 weeks? Maybe I'm just being impatient........

I wish i could find that many to apply for! 3 in the last week is the most i've got at one time in about a year lol.

We'll get there Meetz, though it seems to be taking fooorrreeeevvvveerrrrr!

Hey, where's Endless? Not seen her around for a while, hope that means she's able to sleep again now.

Good luck to both you job hunters! I'll pry to the god of employment on your behalfs...

Lou -- Endless has been on vacation in Hawaii, poor thing. :) I think the she returns this weekend.

Ooh Hawaii sounds good :) just got a lead on another job, will be sending my cv as soon as I can get on the computer.

This is what I sit up all night and do.

img_3624-h800.jpg

img_3621-h800.jpg

img_3622-h800.jpg

Man, oh man

Court, does that ever look NEAT! I wish I could do something THAT graphic!

just dont sleep and sit in front of your sewing maching and practice.
talk to the machine for a bit

of course after working on it for two months i am afraid to wear it anywere

It looks great C0urt! Wear it with pride...

Back
Top Bottom