What Happened to The Good Bands?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My kids are 22 and 25 and believe it or not, their favorite music are all my favorites from the 70s...Pink Floyd, Bad Company, Stevie Ray Vaughn, etc
I think the rock band game has done a lot for kids loving my oldies!

Most of the good band got old .

I like music from the 60's & 70's and some 80's.

The Beatles,The who, The Birds, Eric Clapton,The Carpenters,John Mellencamp.

I hate the music the kids listen to today.

Belinda:twocents:

Count me in with the old people. I love it. Its my inner self. Fleetwood Mac. And yes, Queen. One year at an epilepsy walk they did some Fleetwood and I got up with the band and did solo. Oh it was so fun.gotta do it again and again.

Elp

Anyone remember Emerson, Lake and Palmer?

here you go

Warning to all photosensitive people: strong sun pix throughout. Please be careful.

Enjoy. It is the prettiest one.
Shelley

Last edited:
That brightened my whole day. My Dad, when he was really sick and on his death bed told me that it was his favorite song. So whenever I go thru a hard time That song always comes to me. Thank you so much Shelly.

Ohhh Yeaahhh

Thanks, I just listened to Louie and it helped me out on a rough morning.

I just listen to that again. M, mmm, mm. That is sooooooo good. Music man. That was a good musical.

Ahh c'mon, no Linkin Park or Incubus fans? :roflmao:

I love the 70s, 80s, 90s and the 00's....all types of rock n roll.

I am 40 and these days I prefer what they call ' alternative'.

And of course classic rock will always be near and dear to my heart. :D

Rush, anyone?

:rock:

All those years have produced some great songs, but my favorite era has to late 60s early 70s. I graduated in 79, but disco was pretty heavy then (still plenty of other great music).

Listened to some Rolling Stones earlier. Angie and Wild Horses.:rock::rock:

How about Amy Lee? She has epilepsy. She is a singer, songwriter and has a band, The Evanscence. She is very proactive for epilepsy. She talks about her epilepsy on her website. Look up www.outoftheshadows.com.

Sharon, I love the California Raisins. I live not to far from where most of the raisins are made.

Last edited:
Soul Legends & Disco Dance.

We all know what happened to him, the King of Pop.
But together and young the Jackson Five were so cool in the seventies.

Last edited:
But together and young the Jackson Five were so cool in the seventies.

They sure were, :agree:

Greg Grunberg has a 13 year old son, Jake, who has epilepsy. Greg is using his charity band, Band from TV. He is on drums, Laurie on keyboard, Ten Hatcher on vocals and other's to raise money for epilepsy research.

There are singers who also have epilepsy.

Her brother

How about Amy Lee? She has epilepsy. She is a singer, songwriter and has a band, The Evanscence. She is very proactive for epilepsy. She talks about her epilepsy on her website. Look up www.outoftheshadows.com.

It's her younger brother that has epilepsy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Lee
Lee became the American Chairperson for Out of the Shadows in 2006. This organization is an international foundation with the goal of providing education about epilepsy.
Lee's younger brother, Robby, was previously diagnosed with this condition

Last edited:
Thank you Shelley for the website and the correction. Her younger brother's name is Robby.

It also tells about all of the important songs she has made.

Back
Top Bottom