You start to feel old when...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

When you used beepers and not cell phones.

When you remember life before cell phones. Everyone had to use a pay phone - you can't even find one of those now!

You could still identify what the school lunch is supposed to be. Now it mystery mystery meat if you're lucky. lol

When school lunches cost 80 cents. How much do they cost now?

I'm feeling old right now while I am trying to total up time cards for payroll.

I am feeling old right now my nephew just asked me "what are they" tapes for my tape recorder. His answer "whats a tape recorder"

When you try to explain to one of the young'uns that there was a time before cell phones and facebook and tablets and they give you this completely blank look like you are speaking a foreign language.

I remember my age by the Super Bowl #s . Kidding. Its the other way around. I live in Washington state. I'm a 12 and I'm 49. My memory is worse then my mother's. Thank the Lord Somebody in my family has a good memory.

When you are trying to explain to a younger person about the meaning of the lyrics to "Hey 19" by Steely Dan about an older man dating a young girl

Hey, 19 that's Aretha Franklin
She don't remember the queen of soul
Hard times befalling the soul survivors
She thinks I'm crazy
But I' just growing old.........Hey, 19
No we got nothing in common
No we can't dance together
No we can't talk at all

A song which is over 20 years old. And they look at you and in all sincerity ask you, "Who is Aretha Franklin?"

When your computer is almost as old as you are.

Your favorite clothes are older than your (friends or families) kids.

I think we are good energy and bad energy. God loves us all. I have died. Its beautiful. Its love. We make it to complicated. We have to do the best we can with what we have. This is my feeling about this. Because of what I have been through.God save us all. No matter who your God is.

I remember the first super bowl and it being quieter than today.

Back
Top Bottom