You start to feel old when...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

When you go to the beauty parlor every week to get your hair fixed not cut.

When you fall asleep under the dryer with curlers in your hair at the beauty parlor.

You get too lazy to cut your own hair, and just let it grow long.

The phrase bargain hunter isn't a phrase, it's your way of life. lol

Your computer is running an OS two versions older than the current one. lol

When you have a great brand new computer with high speed internet, Wi-Fi and all sorts of other fancy things but you always have to get someone to help you do anything on it - even turn it on!

When you have a big screen TV and surround sound but only so you are able to see the picture and are able to hear it.

You finally figure out how to set the time on your VCR, but the thing conks out after you do it.

You miss the old days when people would bum for a dime, quarter to use the payphone.
Now it's cellphone this, cellphone that.

Today, I accidentally told my students to back everything up on a floppy disk.

Poor things were so confused.

One of my ESL students was trying to tell me about her parents' collection of old Beatles vinyl LPs but she didn't know the word for that so she said, "You know, the BIG kind of CDs". She couldn't understand why I was cracking up.

When you wait all day for Publishers Clearing House to bring that 'Big Check' to your door!

When you finally decide color cable television isn't worth it anymore. So you decided to go back to the beginning. Well not entirely, just back to OTA television.

I feel old when I look in the mirror and think wow, I look pretty good. Then I put my glasses on and realize how blind I am.

You decide to say the city life stinks, lets go live in Mayberry. lol

You've been all over OZ, from Munchkin Land to the Emerald City. But you still haven't
found that damn Wizard yet. All while yelling, get me the heck out of here! lol

Today, I accidentally told my students to back everything up on a floppy disk.

Poor things were so confused.

Years ago when my grandpap got a new computer he asked me where the floppy disc drive was. I told him that they didn't make floppy discs any more, they are hard discs. Years after that he got another new computer and asked me where the hard disc drive was. I told him that things were saved on a CD now.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to tell him how things would be saved next on computers!

When you stop wearing makeup because the wrinkles only cover it up!

You start to feel old when you see someone who's starting to feel old who happens to be younger than you are...lololol. :p

Discovered a new wrinkle today. Ain't that special!

That's kind of what I did only I moved to a very sparsely populated island. A lot like Mayberry only with better weather.

Dollar and a dream, I'll be a neighbor. lol

You search all day long for something and never find it. Then the next day you find out you disposed of the item a couple years ago. :(

You start to feel old when someone young enough to be your kid is leering at you and you consider it for about a nanosecond and then think, "He was in diapers when I was graduating from college. Nope. Not happening."

Most, if not all of your old teachers are retired.

You plan your shopping around avoiding crowded stores.

..everyone around you thinks 'the net' started in the 90s :(

You're old when you remember how horrible the New Coke was, lol.

Back
Top Bottom