Any real benefit to going to a high end hospital/center for evaluation?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I am so relieved for you.And thanks for the post. I really like hearing about good doctoring because I am trying to define what a good doctor is, for my own sake. I like hearing that your good doctor showed his shock, for instance. Why the hell not? I find that many doctors are emotionally dead and unfortunately I tend to get that way too -- and confused -- when the doctor is that way. So then there are two zombies. The confusion I experience in these situations is awful. Unfortunately there are zombie doctors at higher end medical establishments, too, so people need to be prepared to move on if need be. And don't zone out!

One thing to consider--I'm going to a high end center only until I feel like I'm really on a solid path. It's a ways away--but she feels I need to be seen by an epileptologist (and I agree) since I have mixed epilepsies and wasn't getting anywhere. But my goal is to get as stable as I can with her, and then, when I'm done switching around meds and feel like I'm as good as I'm going to get, I'll switch to a closer doc for maintenance. I don't know if many people here are seeing their high end center for all their care or mostly second opinions?

Back
Top Bottom