Different 'type' of seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
My neuro lowered the dose of one of my meds about 6 months ago. I'm having about the same amount of seizures as I did before but some of them are more 'confusion' style seizures. Their sort of in between a simple and complex partial. I'm still having regular simple and complex partials too.

I seem to understand what's going on but I'm very confused about it. I might not know if it's morning or evening. I might not know if I've done something that I should have done or if I need to do it.

This morning I took my meds and I think I might have had a seizure while was feeding the cats and used my magnet for my VNS but I'm not positive. I'm not sure if I blacked out or not, like I would have during a complex, but then I couldn't figure out if it was morning (which it was) or evening or if I'd taken my meds. I looked at my pill case and I didn't know what day of the week it was to see if that day still had pills in it. It took a few minutes of really thinking and then I knew that I took my pills.

I don't know if I'm having complex partials but just coming out of them faster and it's taking longer to get back to normal, if that's the right way to describe it.

I'm even thinking that things happened but they didn't. I started a post about that type and my neuro told me that it is a seizure. http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/seizure-dream-25446/

Those confusion-style seizures (simple/complex partials prob) sound tough. Definitely let your neuro know -- it sounds like you need your medications tweaked in some way.

They aren't fun! Walking around thinking you know what's going on but you have no clue if it really is.

My neuro lowered one of my meds at the visit before I had started having them and I think that's what might have caused them. We talked about it some and said if they get worse then he's going to up my meds to the dosage they were before.

He lowered the med again at this last visit, about a week ago and it was my decision. I've had three normal seizures since. I told him about it and he upped the dosage back to it was right away. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer to see if I'm going to have to up it again.

I've had the confusion type of seizure more than once myself. Not much fun. The last one I had I was coming home from work and couldn't remember how to unlock my front door. I just stood there for a while. I've also had them while laying down to go to sleep. It causes serious paranoia for me in that case.

Back
Top Bottom