epilepsy and sex!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cool1984

New
Reaction score
hi all
do you think haveing sex with your partner is a good idea when having epilpely

caroline get back to me!!!!

Maybe not in the middle of a seizure ......but other than that, not a problem :wink:

But then... so people are SO passive in bed, that a little movement from the sz might make it more interesting for at least one of them... :twisted:

Stacy had a seizure once while we were.. um... busy... It did not enhance my libido at all. I'd equate it with talking about one's parents as far as the mood dampening effect.

As to the original question, I don't see that epilepsy should be an issue unless you get super stressed out about it (sex) to the point of triggering seizures.

Thank you for your candor, Bernard. It's very enlightening to see a male point of view on the subject. Can't say I have experianced any seizure activity while engaged in ...ahem...uh...you know... :oops: and not sure how I would react but I am sure my husband would rate it right up there with, like, having his mother in the room...It ain't gonna happen! :!: :roll:

Birdbomb said:
... rate it right up there with, like, having his mother in the room...

Yep. That's about right!

downer.jpg

I've had a couple seizures in the middle of the nasty. It's not a really big deal for me. I just become, can't thing of a nice way to put it, dead for a while.
I come to again, and I carry on. And better yet it's a sure fire way to get rid of the headache I'm left with after a seizure.
A lot of my seizures I can carry on what I'm doing I just don't remember doing it. So, it's just not very memorable sex for me. that's all.
:?

Elisa said:
I just become, can't thing of a nice way to put it, dead for a while.

Yeah, the whole necrophilia thing is a bit of a turn-off for me. That's what I was trying to say earlier.

I don't see a problem with it.
My hubby & I are in the midst of family planning and well.....yes, I've szd on a number of occasions. I may not know what's going on. But, hubby's usually stopped his "duty" and when I come around again he's holding me making sure I'm alright.
The way I see it, I'm not going to put everything on hold just because E's a part of my life, eh. We make the best of my good moments and, well, yes I may sz. But, that's just a part of my life and I have to carry on. CARPE DIEM!

I have read that reflex seizures can be triggered by orgasm.
It said it is rare, but I wonder if it is common and most people are embarrassed to tell their doctor.

Yes Lorraine it is rare for orgasms to bring on seizures. My husband and I were talking with my Nurse Practitioner on the phone one day and he mentioned that to her. I was mortified!

Lisa-Marie

lorryanne said:
... but I wonder if it is common and most people are embarrassed to tell their doctor.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this were true.

i think i know a few girls that would have me tied to the posts before i regained my consciousness...

hip hip for seizure sex!

I thought about bringing this up to my dr at my last appt. but was too embarrassed. I am sooooo glad I found this forum. I find so much information on here that I need to know. I am gonna get over my embarrassment and bring it up ant my next appt. I thought I was a freak or something, it scared the hell out of my husband. I'm so glad to know we are not the only ones that this has happened too.

God No! it happens to everybody we're the only ones crazy enough to talk about it!
Don't ever feel embarrassed to talk to your doctor about anything, I promise their are people that have told him way crazier things then what you want to talk to him about.

Back
Top Bottom