epilepsy and sex!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hey, if I'm 'lucky' it might happen again! ;)

I dont think ive ever had a seizure doing the nasty ;) WOW that would be some deja vu lol

Love angel

I have worried about this. See sometimes I talk about people who don't exist particularly Clyde & Shelia when I have a sz. Wouldn't my husband freak if I suddenly started calling out Clyde's name or more kinky, Shelia's name during the nasty. HA! LOL:roflmao:

But seriously, ya'll have a sex drive? I am completely not interested in doing the mattress mambo. :cry: My poor long suffering husband has to beg & beg. Not to say that it isn't great once I give in but it is a struggle to get me to agree. Does anybody else have this issue or am I a non-sex freak?

Heather

Since I developed epilepsy - my husband is the non-sex freak

It also happened to me once, we were in the "beggining", but we stopped and I slept for some hours.
We cannot know if it will happen while we are in bed or in the toilet or...so I do not worry about it.

I had seizures triggered by "making whoopie" and had partners who had seizures during sex as well. We just took it in stride and dealthwith things as they happened. So it wasn't a big deal, just part of what comes with the territory. The key thing was accepting the situation and not letting it get in the way of being happy.

Moxiecat,
To answer your question, no you're not the only non-sex freak.... since I've been taking Lamictal and Topamax I could careless if I ever had sex again. This is not making my husband a happy camper.

LOL....let's see, I had a grandmal once while *ahem* being intimate with my hubby. He said he couldn't get out of my arms, I was clutching him really tight...and let's just say that ALL the muscles wer contracting. :) Hubby was a little freaked, worried that I'd forgotten what we were doing before the seizure and get mad at him. But I just blew him some kisses, snuggled up with him, and fell asleep. :) Now, after the fact, we can laugh about it. :)

One big time tonic-clonic and a few auras. NO big deal though, never stopped us any other time.

The stress, depression, and possilby some of the meds may have an impact, but E itself shouldn't cause a problem for most. Stress and depression are some of the most common *ahem* issues for everyone.

If anything, my meds have probably, how do I say this, 'slowed the trigger'.

:secret:

I had one just before my partner & I were about to do it. No big deal since she was very familiar with my E.

The only time it was a bit uncomfortable was with a friend & the sz was just before. My seizures are often small absence sz that most people don't notice so it was hard to try to tell someone why I was so enthusiastic & suddenly had no interest. She hasn't talked to me since then lol.

Cool! Just look at it this way, you have a "Pause" mode. (grumbles to self...more men SHOULD have a pause mode)

ee1076b4.jpg

I have only had partials when making whoppie, we would just stop until it passed and then went back at it.

And moxicat, you are definetly not the only one, I am on Lamitical also, and not only that has affected my sex drive, menopause, one of the problems that hopefully my recent hysterectomy will have fixed, and also due to anti-depressents.

My hubby has been very understanding and patient with me, I feel very lucky to have him. And I also most of the time could care less if I had it or not, just don't have that drive anymore and I sure do miss it.

Nobody posted here is a bit, but I was directed here from the *have you done anything cool after a seizure* and figured I'd put in a response because this happens a lot. Lol but similar to what Eric said.
I'll have an absence and just slowly look the other way and just fade out. And sometimes even before he realizes that I am *ignoring* him, I'm right back.

Although that would a different story had they been tonic clonic. Even though I heard vibrated beds relax you!

i think i know a few girls that would have me tied to the posts before i regained my consciousness...

hip hip for seizure sex!

A few? What circles do you roll in?

Since my epilepsy got really bad, I pretty much gave up on on women. But as far as I know I have only had a seizure during sex once or twice.

I asked someone from last year and told me:
"when you started having that seizure just before we started to have a little fun it pretty much just ruined all the libido."

I didn't bother hunting anyone else down to ask. I just happened to be currently chatting with her and could ask.

The drugs do nothing for my sex drive I am sure. Plus diet habits don't help at all. It was a lot worse when I was still getting used to to the epilepsy. I was always bruised up and torn up so it made life difficult.

I did recently have a seizure on the way to a first date, and on a first date.
luckily they were both cool about it.

organisms

To my knowledge I have never had one during. Although it felt like I could go that direction at times. Thanks to meds and wacko hormones the drive has dropped, and how I miss it! My drive has steered more in the direction of emotional intimacy, not so much on the physical, which is a staying power for the relationship. Young folks out there listen up!

:bigsmile:

gigi

Back
Top Bottom