Eye flickering/contracting/twinging?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rhiz

New
Reaction score
hey everyone, been a while!

I've been diagnosed for nearly three years now as a myoclonic epileptic, and i was on lamotrigine for 2 of these years with no change but only ever got the jerks, not full seizures.

Since around christmas i've been on keppra/levetiracetam and i've had about 4 or 5 seizures (terrible memory these days :() ever since i started on it

I've felt really tired which was to be expected, but last month i started get these weird eye twitches and my right eye (only) tends to blink by itself fairly rapidly and it's stopping me sleeping now as it's gotten alot worse.

Does anyone have any experience with this or maybe think its related to the Keppra? I've been on other medications on and off but the keppra is the only one that's stayed static throughout the rest

I'm only 17 now so sleep is fairly important with my college course and this is just stopping me getting any :( any help is very appreciated thank you for reading :)

My eyeballs seemed to jiggle back and forth. It wasn't obvious to anyone that looked at me and seemed most obvious when my eyes were closed and could be felt thru my eyelids. It would keep me up at night and was very annoying. It went away after about a month. Hope yours goes away soon too.

I have

nystagmus, but I am also having the twitching going on--just in the eyelid area. It's driving me bananas. The doc and I will talk about it today at my appointment.......hopefully we will get somewhere.

I was getting this pretty frequently during the fall of last year, it lasted a couple months but went away. I think mine was caused by stress... and the more I worried about it, the worse it got.

Back
Top Bottom