Haven't eaten in days.......

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I don't recall this ever happening pre-seizure but its always possible. I never really paid attention. I'm never really much of a huge eater anyways, but now for the past 4 days or so I haven't eaten at all and I am always full. Any thoughts Seizure related?

Probably not seizure related. Its most likely a side effect of your medication.

My eating habits have been screwy my whole life. I don't get a "hungry" feeling in my stomach. I feel light headed or dizzy or actually pass out when I've gone past the hungry stage without knowing. I have gone 6 days without eating a thing, not because I was consciously doing it, but because I was SO busy I didn't even realize I was hungry.

yeah you're probably right. plus i just started my ativan and it did say it would change my eating habits but i had hoped it would be for the better cause with my current seizure meds i have no appetite

How long are you going to be on the Ativan? I assume just for short time, so your appetite should return after you go off of it. In the meantime, please try to eat something, because low blood sugar can trigger seizures. Especially in the morning when blood sugar is low, make sure you have some OJ or something when you get up. And just eat tiny meals if you can -- but throughout the day.

Dear msuder, what my doctor has suggested me everytime is that i should not fast or skip meal as empty stomach somehow may trigger seizures. The last time i had a seizure , I was fasting. So do take care, eat something even if u have that feeling of being full. When I started with my sodium valporate, I could not eat anything and always had a feeling of vomition, even if I thought of eating. So............................ take care, as the weakness which gets accumulated shows later as a seizure or later in life as different health problems.

Yeah I know that feeling too. If I eat before I'm hungry I gag. I found starting with liquid helps, like eating a small bowl of soup before a full meal.

Cannabis will definitely give you an appetite. You might not partake but I figured Id throw it out there.

well yeah that definitely works too and i do know that first hand but i prefer a legal method

I dont suggest you try anything illegal. Pot doesnt give everyone the munchies. In fact it supresses my appetite and thirst, which has led me to being dehydrated anytime I have gotten high.

Unless you get the support of your neurologist for medical marijauna, then just dont do it.

Also, have you tried cooking your favourite food? Any cravings you need to satisfy? Try cooking something that will make your house smell so good! like a chicken in the oven, baking cookies, chilli on the stove top, bbqing. Something strong smelling as the scent of food triggers your saliva response and the hunger response.

lol if you cant cook, follow a recipe. I find the easiest place to look for beginner recipes is from Kraft.ca or Campbells soup online.

or order a pizza, chinese food, fried chicken, burger king etc. at this point it probably doesnt matter that what your eating is unhealthy as long as you get something in your stomach to start the hunger process again.

k..........well around 2 PM ill be on my way to do that. thanks. ...even though i don't eat fast food =p

Lol then make healthy fast food. Take a bun, some pizza sauce, cheese and some toppings and bake them in the oven.

well i'm not hungry for them.........see my epidemic? =) i'm already 170. i can't afford to lose anymore weight

Find a friend thats holding, burn a doob and I promise you will eat. Better than being unhealthy right? If you smoked and didnt get an appetite, you must have been smoking oregano. Of course its going to make you thirsty, its called cotton mouth. Solution = Drinking something. It will go away in an hour or so. If I didnt smoke cannabis I would have the same problem you do, no appetite. Its not legal in my state but Id rather risk it and eat something, than to starve yourself.

BigWill: I dont think CWE is a place to condone illegal drug use.

Its one thing to try and promote legally obtained medical marijauna, but its another to suggest someone purchase illegal drugs. There is almost no way of knowing how you are going to react to a drug if you've never tried it. It can cause seizures in some people. Plus there is no way to know for sure if your illegally obtained weed is laced with something or not. In combination with any legal drug, things like opium, cocaine, meth, LSD or PCP can be fatal.

Definitely not recommended to pursue any recreational or illegal drug simply because you can.

Also, out of curiousity BigWill, did it ever occur to you that your drug use may have caused the seizures in the first place by screwing with how your brain functions?

Back
Top Bottom