Haven't eaten in days.......

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Drug Use? I dont use drugs, I smoke herbs put here naturally on this earth. Its a natural growing weed. A Plant.

Please enlighten me on how medical marijuana is different from some you buy from a friend?

I dont "pursue" it because I can, I smoke it because it helps me deal with epilepsy. If it didnt, why would doctors prescribe it in 17 states (including D.C.)?? You think I just smoke it for the hell of it? You think they legalized it just because?

I've never known cannabis to be laced with opium, cocaine, meth, LSD or PCP just for the hell of it either.

All I did was give the guy a tip on how to get his appetite back.

To both Rae and BigWill: Point taken. I'd like to add that as a forum we have to be careful not endorse something that might be illegal or dangerous for some folks. I think CWE members generally know to treat everything posted here as collective wisdom that can be appropriate for some and not for others -- but it doesn't hurt to provide a reminder of that. We do have several threads in the archives about marijuana and epilepsy and it's an interesting (and controversial) topic. If discussions get too inflamed we have to shut them off.

Drug Use? I dont use drugs, I smoke herbs put here naturally on this earth. Its a natural growing weed. A Plant.

Please enlighten me on how medical marijuana is different from some you buy from a friend?

I dont "pursue" it because I can, I smoke it because it helps me deal with epilepsy. If it didnt, why would doctors prescribe it in 17 states (including D.C.)?? You think I just smoke it for the hell of it? You think they legalized it just because?

I've never known cannabis to be laced with opium, cocaine, meth, LSD or PCP just for the hell of it either.

All I did was give the guy a tip on how to get his appetite back.

I agree it is a plant here on earth, but when you get your drug (because thats what it is) from a dealer, you have no control if they lace it with something to keep you addicted.

Medical marijuana is different from the stuff you get off the streets because it is regulated as far as what goes in it, how it is grown, what is used as fertilizer etc.

Street weed can be grown anywhere with anything as a fertilizer, including birth control pills used to make it grow faster. It can also be laced with things to be sure your coming back for more. Weed bought in our area here is generally cut with rat poisons or draino. Just google "laced weed kills teen" a whole lot will pop up.

Sorry Nak, didnt mean to continue, I was in the middle of replying while you had already posted.

Thanks guys. I hope MSuder gets his appetite back one way or another. :)

well thanks to everyone for your concern =). and rae for your attempted cooking tips (to no avail). it was all toast for me. yummy. and will, as far as weed goes, with my soon-to-be line of work its not possible. plus those days are over, my friend.

Right on big will!

Now how about chocolate milkshakes? Can ya eat those?? :)

Are you using a diary?

msuder, I've just started using an online epilepsy diary two weeks ago, and already can see a pattern that most of my daytime seizures occur mid-morning (between meals), when my blood sugar is low.

I've read previously that E's should eat small meals, often, rather than 3 standard meals. If you're struggling with appetite, the idea of only eating a "healthy snack" might be more appealing for you, than facing a large meal. I also had a lot of trouble eating at all when my depression hit, and have notes around my house (and now entrenched in my head) reminding me to eat.

Topamax (topiramate) is an appetite suppressant, also, and this is what I take for migraine. I rarely feel hungry, and only eat "because I have to". If I don't eat, I have seizures.

If you relate to any of the above, maybe you can use some of the same techniques.

The lack of appetite from anti-seizure meds and lack of appetite from chemotherapy are probably different, but thought I'd suggest what worked for me while doing chemo. I found - and I talked to others who said the same thing - that cold things like ice cream or milkshakes went down fairly easily even when the thought of anything else sweet was repugnant. I often had a bit of ice cream first then was able to eat a bit of chicken or something else healthy. Plus, this hot weather could be contributing to your appetite problem, and ice cream is perfect for that.
Take care!

Back
Top Bottom