Hot Hot Hot

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Is anyone out there suffering and feeling unusually auraist due to the heat? Its very hot here and yesterday was really hard on me with the auras and really sick at my stomach. I took a nap for a couple of hours and then a cool shower and felt better. Anyone else?

Sorry to hear that the heat is getting to you. If you have to be outdoors in the heat, you might find a towel soaked with cool water on the back of the neck helps cool you down.

Sorry to hear that the heat is getting to you. If you have to be outdoors in the heat, you might find a towel soaked with cool water on the back of the neck helps cool you down.

Cooling your wrist & ankle bones as well helps.

Hot! I finally broke down and bought an air conditioner. There was one on sale at costco for cheap. For really cheap ($3) I got a little mist thing with a little fan on it for when I'm outside. When inside and still too hot I put ice packs around my neck, back of the knees, and the front of my armpits, which are artery sites. All of the above seem to help me.

Dallas is really bad now and no let up in sight! I have a bad case of bronchitis right now and my ac is really acting up. I am waiting on AC repairman to show, but it is very scary.

Thank ya'll all so much for all the great ideas. DFW Im so sorry to hear about your AC. This is the worst time for something like that. Bless your heart.

Hi! We're in East Dallas and BOY it's hot! Our poor lawn...been in the 100s plus humid and it's not letting up. We've got another week or so I think. Hang in there. Deb

Still without air, my bronchitis is now walking pneumonia. It's been one thing after another..please pray for me that AC gets fixed today. No seizures, but I have been having problems with getting so confused and actually got so confused I forgot my seizures meds last night. I love Texas but now thinking I should seriously think about living somewhere cooler!

Time to move Texas...although I don't know where.

I've literally had to give up gardening, wear big straw hats and stay indoors. (I'm white as a ghost.) Because suddenly, I've become a champion puker. And then I start to choke, which is really scary. So, I guess I won't be working on my summer tan!

dfw,

I'm so sorry about the pnumonia. That stuff is really going around all over the country. It starts with the flu... moves to bronchitis, then pnumonia.

Please rest, take your antibiotics, and take care of yourself.

<<<hugs>>>

dfw, please take care of yourself. I came in from school last night, so hot and I also forgot my seiz meds. I woke up at 4am to study for a test and saw I forgot and took them. I hope I'm not too late and stay fine today. Please take care and keep us informed. I am praying for you.

I have been so good about always taking my meds, I have just been so ill and so tired about fighting with warranty company all week. I have not been able to sleep well this week between the illness, heat, etc. I knew something was wrong when I was seeing all kinds of flashing lights....I thought it was something to do with the fever but never realized that I had forgotten my meds until the next morning when I noticed my pill box had nights meds still in it.
The AC is finally back on...but my fever is still raging so I not really cool yet. I am going to take a cool bath after my son gets home tonight from work. Thank ya'll for your concern and keeping me sane. It really has been a tough week and I cannot tell you how many times I have just broken down this week.

DFWT- Please make sure you're drinking enough water to keep yourself hydrated. It's amazing how quickly we can dehydrate without being aware of it when we're in a dry heat.

dfwtexas:

I feel your pain. So sorry about being ill on top of the raging heat. Hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate. I am on the gulf coast. Already had a seizure due to dehydration, week ago tuesday. I am now taking liquid potassium. Let my guard down, oops! Back to being a vampire, and only going out at night! I hate being a delicate flower, but have resigned myself to it (almost) I am not the beach bunny from yesteryear.
Feel better soon:bigsmile:

On my way back to doctor now...I am really not any better and only have 2 days left of antibodtic and cough meds. I have lost 15 lbs because I cannot eat anything...I guess that is the good news!
I wish I could just lay down and rest, but I feel like I am drowning if I lay down...I have generally just fall asleep sitting up when I can't stay awake any longer. I know being in the heat hasnt' helped, but house has been cool since midnight Thursday and I am still having bouts of chills and fevers. I am just feeling so awful.

Doc thinks it is either pnenumia or TB. Yeah, one more thing on my plate

I don't know about you but the heat really affects my gait and co-ordination.
I seem to have severe BALANCE issues when it's really hot out or I sweat a lot.

I've read on this forum that some Doctors don't think that heat and/or sunlight have very little to do with seizures.

I've had 32 years of experience with EP (that you can't get from books or internet).
If a Doctor tells you that ~ tell him he's full of s@@@.

Randy

I have had a difficult cough for two weeks... whooping cough is in the back of my mind.
Luckily it has cooled off here in SoCA.

I am so sorry for the people in Russia. Heat, smoke, and 700 people losing their life each day. Too bad we can't turn up the fans.

Back
Top Bottom