My epilepsy is back

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
Saturday evening, I had taken my family out for some frozen yogurt. After dropping the guys off at the house we girls decided to hit up Wal-Mart. Right in the middle of the toy section I went into a tonic-clonic. The last thing I remember is looking at the dress up clothes and trying to figure out what I was looking at as nothing made any sense. The next thing I knew I was in an ambulance and the EMTs were trying to get an IV started but kept blowing every one ( I have the bruises to prove it!) This TC was complete with vocalizations, shaking, stopped breathing and loss of bladder and chewed the holy crap out of my tongue.

There goes my 5 year seizure free record.

*sigh*

Saw my gp yesterday to get the ball rolling. EEG, blood work, blah, blah, blah. She was in awe of my bruising. The only thing that really bothers me is the no driving.

Back on dilantin again and my nephew has already noticed the aphasia starting up. My daughter is afraid to leave me alone.

One nice thing, the manager of Wal-Mart called me Sunday morning to see how I was doing. My daughter said he did a wonderful job of crowd control and kept the looky-lous away.

Oh No Birdbomb!
Thats terrible!!!!
I'm hoping your doing better today, and that everything can get sorted out and it wont need to happen again?

Do you know wat triggered it?

I hope you feel better soon. What is it about WalMart? Seems like it's full of triggers for a lot of people.

yeah, and in the toy section too. blinky spinny lights, screaming children and mysterious smells.

Aw! hope your doing okay. I feel really bad. really really bad. :(

I'm sorry it happened out in public. :( And sorry after having such a long time of being seizure-free.

I've never had a seizure in Walmart before, but I detest having to go there on even on the rarest of occasions. I get incredibly stressed..the crowds, the rude people and one time I slipped on a 1/2 eaten chicken mcnugget and about broke a leg.

Hang in there lady. :)

***hugs***

Props to the manager at Wal-mart! :clap:

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I am so sorry this happened to you. I had this happen to me in Lowes before. It really sucks. Thank goodness it was on a week night and there wasn't too many people around so I didn't need any crowd control.

Get plenty of rest and keep us posted on your progress.

tam bam

Actually I am feeling pretty darn good. That TC even helped my depression. I am glad it happened in public. According to my daughter, not one person was filming it nor were they laughing. They seemed concerned and curious. Only thing is I am very leery of going out in public. There was so little warning, just a few moments of confusion and then I was gone..........

The base hospital called today and set up my EEG and neuro appointment. Back to square one, see if we can find a cause.

I should be devastated but I'm not, with all the trials and tribulations we have had to endure the past few years, it really doesn't surprise me that it's back.

I think if you have spent much time reading E forums, you become familar with this type of story - someone who has been seizure free for years starts having them again. It helps you manage expectations and understand that the possibility will always be there.

Sorry you had the seizure BB. Take care to minimize the risk of a repeat. :e:

Probably right, Mr. B I know the thought of another seizure is always nagging, wondering if or when it will happen.
Well, the "if" did happen, so now it's all about the when.

BTW my tongue is still a train wreck. If I hit is just right it will still bleed!

Last night I was showing my 6 & 9 yr old's you tube videos of seizures, just so they know it can happen to anyone at any time and they don't hurt, just look awful. They are now very secure in their own knowledge and aren't afraid anymore.

Hey BB,
Sorry bout the return to the land of the seizures! Hope They figure out why they started up again. Good Luck
Cat

BB - I am so very sorry to read this. Having been seizure free for nigh on 10 years, it felt worse for me this time around (up until I found this fantastic forum, that is).

There is no rhyme or reason for it (as you probably will already know) :(

Thank goodness your GP etc., are responding to events quickly though (putting you back on meds, tests).

Just *hugs* you xxx

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. Hang in there, we're all here for you.

Chris

Sorry BB

about the setback. It sucks a hill o'beans. Lots of (((((HUGS))))).

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts.......... :)

Meh, it's always something trying to drag me down.

My tongue STILL hurts like hell! It's hard to talk or chew and it's been almost two weeks. I know I chewed right through it on both sides. But I have a broken tooth on the upper left and it acted like a spacer. The kids were so scared because they saw blood coming out of my mouth. No wonder! At least most of the swelling is gone.

The bruises are beginning to fade, but I still wear long sleeves cause I get the strangest looks.

I think working with CWE on a day to day basis, has kept me grounded and positive, and may have kept me from overreacting when the epilepsy came back. Time here fills many uses both for the members and myself. It's also a family that understands 100%. No need to explain or justify. Always someone there to help. Why... I'm so comfortable here.... I feel no need to hold back my farts!
:roflmao:

Isn't that what the padded room is for? Venting? :)

Back
Top Bottom