My epilepsy is back

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

:e:

Hi Birdbomb,

I know this is a bit late - sorry for that - but, hoping you are feeling much better know. Are you? I'm also hoping that the seizure is just an one-off and once again you can have become seizure-free again very, very, very soon. Hoping that - that tc is the seizure you ever have in your life and that the dilantin works very well for you. Hopng that the se's you are experiencing from it at the moment go away or at least become so much less that they don't bother you at all.

Have you had any further seizures since that one about a couple weeks ago? Hoping you haven't!!!

Also hoping that your depression can soon go away too - that you are able to get help with it and that they help helps you out a lot. Wishing you the very best of good luck on being seizure-free, depression-free, and side-effect-free too!!!

Susan

Miss Choccy

:e:

Thank you Miss Choccy

pardon me!

fart-fart-gas-gross-smiley-emoticon-000602-large.gif

Well, off to the basement of Mike Callaghan Federal Hospital for my first EEG in 7 years. WHEE! The fun is just beginning! :mrt:

I may be in for a treat. The Neurology department had been open to active duty only. Now they do the entire family and have a HUGE clinic...in the bowels of basement. It's so new they don't even have any signs up yet so if you find them on your own, God bless you!

Their EEG machine was brand new. After she got me all wired up, Murphy's Law went into effect. It wouldn't work. So they killed another 30 minutes, getting it back up and running with the video camera. This doctor requested an additional 10 minutes of testing. Cool. I don't see my neuro until the 22nd so we won't know the results till then.

By the time I got out of there it was 1:00 pm and we headed off to the DMV to relinquish my drivers license. Holy crap! With the new laws in effect, I needed my birth certificate, marriage certificate, social security card, passport, a couple of recent bills with my address, 2 gallons of blood and my first born son.

Phooey! I'll miss that stupid card the most. *sigh*

Now to shower and get the damn cement out of my hair.

Sheesh... They make you show I.D. to GIVE UP your driver's license? That's ridiculous!

If I want to get an ID card they do. Still a large discomfort in the anal cavity.

Oh my

what a pain in the arse. (pun intended)

Sorry to hear you had such a rough day, Birdy. EEG machines can be finicky creatures.......

When you guys have an EEG, do they put electrodes all over, or just in certain areas where they think the activity is coming from?

When partner had his, they were only looking at a specific lobe (occipital maybe, because of his light sensitivity?), so he didn't have any up front, just all in the back.

I had mine all over, including two on my forhead, two on my cheeks and one under my chin

It was under my chin more like it. I'm not entirely sure why, but she could tell everytime I clenched my jaw.

I had them all over my head, plus two that a doctor had to insert (as opposed to the EEG tech), since they were below the skin around the area of my upper cheekbones.

Back
Top Bottom