VEEG - How many have you had? (Video Electroencephalogram)

VEEG - How many have you had? (Video Electroencephalogram)

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

brain

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
VEEG - How many have you had? (Video Electroencephalogram) You may post
any comments that you wish.

Are you referring to VEEG sessions being monitored in the hospital? If so, then one lasting about 3 or 4 days.

I'm trying to get another session setup because of my change in seizure activity.

Personally, I am bound for another
vEEG coming up soon. I can
remember when they were on VHS,
then to CD, now on DVD.

Sorry I am tired...

I now realize it says VEEG. That should be ONE.
I voted 3-5 but that is only for EEG.

Three: First one for a full seven days in a hospital not associated whatsoever with the Neurologist I had been working with where the food was about as bad as it gets and where the nursing staff and MD's were not very nice. I did not plan this, but I wish I had: the only seizure I had was while I was in the bathroom! Second one: In the hospital from Monday morning to Friday afternoon next to the University of MN where I went for my neurologist. That was the only good one of the three. At precisely (?) 4:30 AM on Friday morning I had a massive seizure (or so I was told) because it took them three nights to figure out it would require my being BOTH sleep deprived and reduction in meds for this to happen. Third time: I will never figure out why I had to do the third time. It was at the same hospital as #2 just seven months later and so little had changed that I became annoyed and annoyed everyone there.
R97

I've had two VEEGs .... the first was 3 days and 4 nights...the second (a year later before the second surgery) was 4 days and 4 nights)

None...yet....

Having my first one in August after 5years of fighting for it. i have been told to expect around a 6 day stay for the VEEG then on the 7th day they will do a contrast MRI whatever that is? don't know what the difference is between that and a normal MRI?:ponder:quite sure a 6 day trace of my brain's activity will keep them all busy for a while...might keep them off the golf course for a while:bigmouth:

When I went in - both times for VEEG - I had contrast MRI (and PEG) (is PEG correct term? It's been a day from h?ll and shows no sign of improvement) before VEEG even started and then another MRI immediately after VEEG was over.
I love being carted down the hospital halls to the MRI machine with all the EEG crap on my head -- I always sit up and wave to the crowds.

Lucky for me everty I see my nuero.!

It seems like every time I fly to see my nuerologist I end up on Parkland's Memorial Hospital's E.MU. Because my neurlogist feels safer by putting me there because my seizures change so often that he hopes to capture the different seizures! I"VE HAD A TOTAL OF 12 VEEG SINCE 1999 and who know's how many eeg's since birth at lesat 3 every year since birth that is over 100 eegs !
David

Last edited:
Correction

I had to correct my post, I had only 5 videos
done after having spoken with the Medical
Insurance on the historical, and apparently
there had only been 5 performed.

Just had one in December. It was not bad at all. My son has only had 2. I don't remember how many I have had. It sure is a lot easier. Except for Dec. I think2 years ago.

veeg's

I had in Dec 1 definate seizure and 1 other loss of consiousness with "seizure like symptoms.....I had MRI w/contrast and out patient eeg with nothing unusual. I was put on Keppra 500mg 2x daily and have had no other seizures. Is it unusual to be sent for a 5 day veeg at this point? Plus I am a very physically active person and sitting in a bed for a week as they tell me I will will drive me batty..I work out 3x a week and walk a lot in the course of my day...rarely sit...I know the goal is to induce a seizure but the other 2 times I was very busy and on the move when they occured..I don't see how sitting even off meds will yield results. I am thinking about seeing if it can be put off til summer when I am off work (work in a High school)(or if I do have any other seizure activity before then).

I would think if an eeg is needed at this point an ambulatory one would be a good first step??????......I don't know after reading about so many with major seizure problems I wonder if my neuro is over doing it at this point...also I would like to see what my out of pocket will actually be for this with my ins.

Thanks for letting me blab!
Sue

VEEG's I started having when I was at N.I.H in 1980-81 senior in H.school was there 6 months so I've had well over 200 VEEG
I had one three a week while I was at NIH.My neuro use ne set up for VEEG in special room in his office.I've been admitted my share of hospitals for VEEG's.

Belinda:twocents::roflmao::agree:

Last edited:
The longest stay was when I was in my coma, I think. 2 weeks. Or ten days. I give results right away. My last one was in December.

Back
Top Bottom