You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
This topic may be somewhere else, if so...just ignore this. If not, then let's begin!

You know you have epilepsy if:

1. You've ever found yourself in a store patting the butt of a man who turned out NOT to be your husband. :paperbag:

2. You've ever tried to disassemble your toilet (in high heals) before leaving for the office. :flushed:

3. You have moved all of your silverware onto the floor at a Thai restaurant. And come out of the seizure to find that the waitress has kindly placed all of the food on the floor for you as well! :hungry:
(Seriously folks, I came out of that seizure sitting indian-style with some cashew chicken in front of me)! :D

4. You have ever pissed off the dairy manager at Kroger for "rearranging" his aisles and restacking his eggs...mostly into your shopping cart. (Who needs ten dozen eggs?...apparently my brain thought I did)! :rolleyes:

5. Finally, if you've ever been in a voting booth during a seizure and your not sure who you elected for president! :twocents: :secret:

I'll post when I'm out of the hospital next week...maybe you guys can enjoy this thread. :) -Julie

you know you have epilepsy if:

the cutest guy you have ever kissed is the EMT giving you CPR.:lol::lol::lol:

you know you have epilepsy if:

the cutest guy you have ever kissed is the EMT giving you CPR.:lol::lol::lol:

:woot: For EMTs :woot:

Especially 47 year old former EMTs - I didn't think I would qualify for the cute part.

Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!

Way to go, Buckeye!!! Ya never know though...ya just might..........especially in your wife's eyes! :pfft::bigsmile:

You know you have epilepsy, if the first thing you say to the EMT when you come out of it is .."You know, we really need to stop meeting like this. "

You know you have epilepsy when your bleeding and it doesn't bother you and freaks others out.:banana:

You know you have epilepsy when you berate your husband for leaving your best friend Shelia at a rest stop in Connecticut and you really don't know anyone named Shelia. HAHAHAHAHA!!! :roflmao: He was very understanding about that.

You know you have epilepsy when you've been looking for hours for your favorite shoes and your hubby finds them in the crisper drawer in the refrigerator. :lol:

You know you have epilepsy if you open your wallet up in a store to pay for items using an old gas/petrol receipt instead of your credit card.

you know your epileptic if you go to the store, wonder for twenty minutes buy nothing and go home, and when your spouce askes you where you went you tell them, "for a walk." because you don't want to admit you forgot the groceries again.

You know you have epilepsy when you've been looking for hours for your favorite shoes and your hubby finds them in the crisper drawer in the refrigerator. :lol:
this one sounds like it comes from experience, you can't make up something that funny:roflmao::roflmao:

You know you have epilepsy if you walk to the window and start talking to the blinds/sun shades, when there is a room full of real live people to chat too!!!!

None of my friends know I am epileptic, I can't remember how I explained that one, but I got away with it.

You know if you have epilepsy if ...

... you come here and feel like you found a new home.

:paperbag: Sorry - that was pretty sappy.

you know you have epilepsy when your taking a shower and your step-father BIL run in the bath room and your sister right behind them with a towel.:woot:

Quick buckeye!!!........

Run to the 'Wedding dress thread\Men vs Women' joke thread to re-charge your man card!
:pfft:

Seriously, I know whereof he speaks me self.....this site has helped many....myself included!

Keep up the great work everyone!
:rock:
Speber

Tees, get Bucky some dirty mags, brats, and beer before we lose him to the enemy would ya? Hopefully Bird-brain can't read this.........but if so, 'sssppplllllhhhtttttttttttt.........(raspberry!) ;)

Brainy's Top 10 (Sorry David Letterman)

Tees, get Bucky some dirty mags, brats, and beer before we lose him to the enemy would ya? Hopefully Bird-brain can't read this.........but if so, 'sssppplllllhhhtttttttttttt.........(raspberry!) ;)

PS: YES I CAN READ THE SMALL FINE PRINT!

:pfft:

==============================

BRAINY's TOP 10

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE EPILEPSY WHEN ...

10 ) You're on a conversation on the phone and suddenly
you've seized and you've either lost your train of thought
and forgotten what you've said or you're repeating yourself
like you've just called them!

:embarrassed:

9) You come "out of it" and tell everyone that you want
to go home and YOU ARE HOME!

:paperbag:

8 ) It's in your head but just doesn't come out of your mouth
when you want to say it

:noevil:

7 ) It's in your head but when you want to WRITE it, well,
umm - I'll stop here.

:agree:

6 ) Your Neurologist and Epileptologist tells you it's all in
your head as if .... we didn't already know that?

:ponder:

5 ) The most over-used line in Neurology is " Here, Let's try this"
in regards to AEDS ...

:giveup:

4 ) Medical Personnel & Medics as well as others who freaks when
they see a seizure in action and don't know what to do?

:eek:

3 ) Being wiped out as non-epileptic; and only to find out you're
in the local ER with a major tonic-clonic or went into status or
back-to-back after being misdiagnosed because they couldn't
find anything and all results were 'normal' including the EEG's?

:mad:

2 ) Having all abnormalities from Scans to EEG's - but only to
be slammed in the face in being told you can't have surgery
and you're refractory / intractable?

:razz2:

1 ) Video Electroencephalograms seems to be a cure-all for
people with Epilepsy ~ hardly ever seem to ever land any
seizures no matter how hard everyone tries to provoke one,
but the moment the patient goes home ... Shish-ka-boom-bah,
go figure - patient gets the seizure (and it's not unusual either)!

:huh:

I'm back to NORMAL GUYS

:mrt:

FOOTBALL season is almost here. :woot: I just watched a little of the Big Ten and NFL channels. All is well in the world of MEN!!

:rock:

Back
Top Bottom