A new toy idea for my niece and nephew

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
Lately I've been trying to find ideas to keep my younger niece and nephew from watching tv all day, and I think I've found 1! I like to knit, it helps to keep (some of) the boredom away, and I have 2,3 books for making toys and in one of the books I found a pattern that says to make 4,5 brightly colored fish and put them on a string for a baby to play with in a crib.

My idea is to knit up the fish, but when I stuff the fish I also put a magnet in it too so when they're all done, I could make a fishing pole out of something simple, with some sort of cord as the fishing line and a magnet on end of the line. Then when the kids play with them, they can catch some fish with the magnets!

I've talked to my Father about helping me figure out some sort of fishing pole that would be easy for them to use and won't be able to hurt themselves, or others and he thinks he should be able to.

And I hope he can. I rarely get ideas that I want to do so much that I bother others, usually when It comes to knitting, I already have everything for the project!

Last edited:
CathyAnn31, I'll be making it for my niece, 3 yrs and my nephew, 4yrs. I have another young nephew, 5yrs, who will probably have some fun with it too when he comes over for our family weekends.

Washer magnet on the end of a length of 550 cord tied to a plastic stick. There's your fishing pole.

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Share a picture when you make them.

Back
Top Bottom