ADD-ADHD as related to epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have considered this Bernard, but was afraid that it might be difficult with seizure control. I gather one must make a step backwards though in order to make great gains forward. Rebecca had another TC at school this week. About 3 min, and she was allowed to sleep for a while afterwards.
Personally I am believing more in the theory of ...? (where the brain remembers how to seize in a challenge). I would like to take her to the center in NoCA. 80% success rate is quite impressive.

Go ahead and send Dr. Andrews an email. She is real nice.

She indicated to me via email that they are treating patients all over the world (ie they travel to them). I don't know what arrangements they make for this, but I'm sure she will tell you if you ask.

I've also read books about amalgams (fillings for teeth) leaching mercury. Stacy has a bunch of those too.

Bernard - did Stacy have any challenges when she did chelation. Meaning.. did she experience more seizures?

I am about to "Bump" this thread because it led me here (via Google). I do not have epilepsy, I had grand mal seizures until I was 5 and they stopped. I do have ADHD, and I am interested in learning more about the relationship between seizure conditions and other brain-based conditions. I do not know if it will be useful or not, but I think it is worth exploring.

I have ADHD but my doctors will never put the two together since mine is from my neck. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a link.
Absennce seizures did remind me of the times I space out while I'm not focusing.

Asperger syndrome

"While there are similarities with autism, people with Asperger syndrome have fewer problems with speaking and are often of average, or above average, intelligence. They do not usually have the accompanying learning disabilities associated with autism, but they may have specific learning difficulties. These may include dyslexia and dyspraxia or other conditions such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and epilepsy."

http://www.autism.org.uk/asperger

Back
Top Bottom