Another Breakthrough on Trileptal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Blondie47

New
Reaction score
Hello!
Sigh... my DD, 13, just had another (very mild) breakthrough on her med, oxcarbazepine (trileptal). We have been having breakthrough's about every four weeks now since April. The med is increased slightly everytime she has a breakthrough.

The last increase has left her with bouts of exhaustion. I have to call the neuro today. Last time they increased, the nurse said that the epi will be consulted. Last visit with him, he mentioned that our next move will be Lamictal.

Currently taking oxcarbazepine, 600mg am and 750 pm for simple partials. She has occipital and frontal seizures.

Just bumming because school is starting next week and I really wanted her to be in control for it. Now everything seems up in the air again. Oh well, at least we have a top epi in our corner. Just thought we were headed off the roller coaster. Thanks for letting me vent abit.

I would look at her hormonal pattern as a way to improve seizure control. We did not gain control with meds. Rebecca was prescribed a bio-identical hormone to help with her hormonal imbalance. You can chart it fairly well, to see if it indeed is connected to her TOM. It took us 3 yrs to finally see some control. Rebecca needed to get off of meds to have this happen. Nutrition and NFB has been our answer.

Back
Top Bottom