Anyone capable of drinking, driving or both?

How many medications are you taking to contol your seizures?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have at least 3 months to go before I can get my license back. I have never had any problems with drinking, and I definitely have a night out once in a while and have several beers. Sometimes I feel a little seizurey the next day, but it's probably just the hangover. I've never seized while drinking. My doc told me one beer only, so he would have a cow.

mid 40's and rain is keeping me off my bicycle

I did a 3 mile run this morning in the same conditions. With shorts on!:mrt:

Living without a soul probably means I'm more immune to cold temps:roflmao:

i wont drive i know to dangerous for me..as for drink proberly should not but i dont read instructions on med pac and not ask dr so what i dont know dont hurt me and i have odd tiple.life hard enough as it is.e is there if pissed and there if not....dont do as i do folks

i dont read instructions on med pac and not ask dr so what i dont know dont hurt me ...dont do as i do folks

Believe me..... I won't do as you've done. What you don't know will hurt you...

What is unbelievable to me is that so many seem to think they are invincible and when something finally does happen to them, they cry the "Why me?" cry. And I ask, "why not you? What makes you so special not to have to suffer like so many of us?"

I did a 3 mile run this morning in the same conditions. With shorts on!:mrt:

Living without a soul probably means I'm more immune to cold temps:roflmao:

good for you dear. wait till it gets hot, i will make fun of you then :p

Can do both. Mostly limit my drinking to weekends and try to avoid going on binges. It's really not a good idea to mix with Depakote but I'm still alive and been drinking for almost 5 years. Just know your limits.

Last edited:
I don't drive and alcohol does not affect my seizures or medications. That's why when I go out I'm always the Designated Drinker.

I can't tolerate heat the way I tolerate cold. Plus I don't like getting all sweaty hehe

i can tolerate heat, i somewhat prefer it to warm. :p

but i dont mind cold. just dry cold

I like cold because after 2 mins you don't feel it. I walk back into the house and have to strip because it feels so hot!

Hi, I had been seizure free for about a year and a half but then, the first two weeks of febuary I had 2 big tonics "sustained" and now i am free for a couple weeks. They doubled my meds and I am maintaining. PS I do not drink at all, (16.5 years now). I drove a lot until July this year. No seizures happened but I just kept crashing my car because I can't seem to pay enough attention. The insurance is so high and gas etc. I get lots of exercise and love it. Happy day everyone!

Oh yes the heat is horrible/ the cold is refreshing.

I use to be able to drink like a fish while on trileptal. Sh_t hit the fan when switching to Keppera. A new years day TC ended my nights of drunken debauchery and pot-valor. The next few years I could get away with a few drinks when out and about. As of the last few months, my body has decided to hate alcohol and even after a drink or two I get more sp’s and headaches in the following days… fun….

I can drink (not to excess or anything, but I can have a beer or two), but no driving for me.

I'm lucky mine are classed as sleep seizures but if i drink they become anytime seizures so I drive but no way do I ever drink.

I lost my lorry and bus driving licences 20 years ago

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm okay to drink as long as I have time to sleep! The only risk I find is the sleep deprivation that comes along with a night out, sure to get a few seizures the next day then!

Driving I'm still not allowed to do until the government agrees with my neurologist.. however long that takes!

Back
Top Bottom