Are there different kinds of photosensitivity?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Vale. I see you're new here, and I haven't read your other posts. If you're new to medication, or are working out your medication regime, reacting to photo triggers will improve. However, my medication regime is settled, and I'm still photosensitive to my main triggers of flashing lights, blue lights, bright patterns (including on clothing), driving through dark/light (trees), and others which don't come to mind right now. Many have improved, though.

I just don't wear patterned clothes, nor have patterned curtains or furnishings - gave up on those a few years ago.

It's different for all of us, depending on our level of sensitivity. Good luck!

all my shirts are plains, shirts with stuff on them can bother me, that surprised me at first

Back
Top Bottom