Becoming a Grandma Soon! Happening!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

She's here!!!!! I bet she's beautiful. <3

What will she call you? My maternal grandmother was Mimi and my mom followed suit with my kiddos. I remember long ago she said we better never call her granny...lol.

Congrats! Spoiling grandkids is a fun job (or so I hear). :)

What's the first day as grandma? I know it will be a few hours before you will be at the hospital.

I hope you are being spoiled by someone fixing you breakfast. :hugs:

Tell us what is going on!! :cheers:

This is funny! In my family, my paternal grandmother was Mimi - it was her way of Never being called Grandmother because, of course, that would imply that she was Old! :roflmao:

I think I'll let her or the mommy and daddy decide. Daddy is hispanic, so I'm sure his mama will have a hispanic granny name. That leaves lots of possibilities for me. I'm not really picky, and I remember having a fabulous one for my mom which she totally over-ruled. Life's too short, let her call me a silly grandma name :D

My husband IS making me dinner right now, and then we're headed over to the hospital.

Say a few prayers, please. The doc specifically asked to keep them overnight again. He's not saying much to my daughter - don't want to freak out a new mother - but he ordered an ultrasound on the baby's spine. She's not being put in NICU, so either things are fine, or they haven't gotten the reading of the ultrasound back from the expert. I'm a bit nervous right now.

I'll post later when we're home from the hospital!

:hugs:

Thoughts, prayers, healing vibrations. All being sent your way. Staying calm for your daughter is probably the best way to help. You can be nervous and freak out all you want here. We promise not to tell.

So the paternal grandma will probably be "Abuelita" and you get your pick of all the other granny names.

Update us when you can.

Hope everything is going well! I call my maternal grandmother Grammy or Gram and my paternal grandmother Nana. My maternal grandpa I called pop pop when I was little. When I first started talking, and I saw him, I had been trying to say popcorn. I somehow started calling him pop pop and the name stuck. I'm the oldest grand kid and the other 8 all call him pop pop also. Praying for you all!

So many names from which to choose!!! They said she may call me abuelita, too, because she will be bi-lingual :) That makes me so happy because I have so many friends whose parents did not teach them their language because it was out of fashion or because of the wars and tensions between cultures. It's so sad! My mother's parents spoke 3 other languages, but they only taught her English because of WWII. Anyone with an accent was suspect after that war.

BABY IS HEALTHY! Thank you for all holding your breath with me! Whew, we can let it out and go on being very happy again! Giggle, see, she was born with a good deal of infant hair - the kind that falls off in a week or so. There's a lot on her back and down at her tail bone. So they had to be sure she didn't have spina bifida. Thankfully, she checked out negative with the ultrasound.

Giggle, she did have lots of hair and does on her head still! It's the parent's fault - they have been calling her "monkey" during the pregnancy :D She was very active some times, so the name really fit.

Tonight, though, she was sleeping peacefully :) Seems she has her mother's good sleeping abilities. Daddy has them now, but his mother said that at birth he didn't like to sleep and was a fussy baby. You can't tell now - he is sweet and mellow, a good daddy.

Lots of long beautiful hair for a beautiful granddaughter.

Ruth, they named her Aliyah, which I think is just beautiful - as is she :)

It was a crazy week for me because my husband had to fly out 1/2 hour after the new mom, dad and baby came home from the hospital. Then work was nuts, and boss was his usual unpleasant self. Second job was busier than expected, so I came home late and exhausted!

It's a good time to do that, thought because Aliyah eats, sleeps and poops (not necessarily in that order). Mom and dad are doing a great job!

Enjoying it while I can! She won't be this tiny for long :)

I'm so glad everything is going well! And the name is beautiful and unique!

Beautiful name!

I had such baby fever the other day while watching a commercial. Then I remembered how old I was..lol.

Nuzzle her little head for me.

Pinkattitude, Your granddaughter has been here quite a while and I never got to say how glad I am that she finally arrived. I am sure life is going along at a new pace. I am so glad for you all!

Ruth, they named her Aliyah, which I think is just beautiful - as is she :)Enjoying it while I can! She won't be this tiny for long :)

Beautiful name for a beautiful granddaughter. I am glad that everything is going fine. Keep us updated. I know you are busy now.

I remember how fast my children grew up. :clap:

Back
Top Bottom