Behavior/Personality Changes with meds?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Hello All. I am new to this forum. I see that a lot of people have difficulties with various medications. I've read around that Ketogenic diet as strong scientific basis but I does not seem that a lot of people are trying that route despite the side-effects of the medications. Does anyone have thoughts on why that is? We have an 8 year old whose siezures were nearly completed stopped by trileptal but is having terrible mood disturbances. We are looking for an alternative.

Thanks

I would love to do the diet with my son...but with his multiple food allergies/intolerances it makes it almost impossible. Instead I just
give him less carbs throughout the day, avoid his food allergens and
give him depakote. He was having trouble taking depakote but since
putting him on a high dose of folinic (NOT folic) acid through his doc,
we have not seen any breakthrough absence seizures (unless he gets
too many carbs). Depakote interferes with folate metabolism so I think
he was having trouble with the depakote due to this.

Back
Top Bottom